1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HTC Desire ROM Apps Port to Droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mastermindnate, Mar 22, 2010.

1. mastermindnate

mastermindnate New Member

So I tried out the HTC Desire ROM, and while it definitely is very smooth.. the HTC Sense software takes up WAY to much memory (over 45mb)... so i thought maybe id be a smart guy and try to take the apps from the system folder of the rom and try to install them on my droid using a root explorer/file explorer.. Ive tried installing the music player, camera etc... all i get is a message that says.. "application not installed"

any ideas?

thanks
  2. dro

dro New Member

3. mastermindnate

mastermindnate New Member

thank for the help.. however after trying .. the apps did copy over and show up in my apps drawer successfully... but when i open the apps, i get a force close.. ive tried the music, camera, dialer, contacts, and calender app.. all force close.

probably best i wait until someone with more experience in porting apps gets a hold of this.. its only a matter of time im sure
Search tags for this page

how to port apk

htc apk ported

htc app ported apk

rom htc explorer