HTC Considering Dropping Beats Integration Altogether & May Drop Prices on Handsets

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Aug 22, 2012.

1. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    The Rezound will get new life with Jelly Bean. They are really close to having ICS run vanilla Android without a hitch, and jelly bean supposedly already addresses some issues they have.

But I've been running the same rom for months and months without barely an issue. No longer do I waste time tweaking and flashing roms trying to squeeze every last bit of power out. And I don't mind sense - with the senseless rom I'm running it really isn't even noticeable, and I actually like some of the HTC widgets.

Anyway, until you give me a phone that's actually powerful enough to dual-boot Windows and run something more than a simple spreadsheet I don't see a need for an upgrade. You'll get my attention when you have something that I can leave my laptop at home and just plug-in a monitor and keyboard to my phone and not skip a beat.

2. Kag Pirate

Kag Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You read my mind or I read yours either way HTC Rezound just seem a prefect phone. I have had issues with it, but that was all apps side. I'm also rooted which has had some side effects but that's the rooted issues. Minor and not caring to fix them due to they never really show up. Stock / Rooted.. loving me some HTC... Wife updated and loves the new interface and OS..

3. Byakushiki

Byakushiki Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Nice to see HTC dropping beats. All they need to do now is partner with a proper audio equipment company and work on battery life. I'd personally love to see UE or Audio Technica play a part in smartphone audio so people really listen properly and safely rather than just hear some rapper screaming away at 100dB.

Breakfast beats worrying.

4. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Well guys, check this out.
    UPDATE: A company spokesperson said, “HTC doesn’t comment on rumors and speculation.”

UPDATE 2: A change of heart: “HTC remains strongly committed to Beats Audio and including their innovation in our devices,” HTC said in an emailed statement. “Any rumor of HTC no longer integrating Beats Audio into our devices is categorically false.”

HTC smartphone market share: Price drop seen as a way to revive sales

5. nikecar

nikecar Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    one president said no new taxes, and promptly gave us new taxes. another president said he didn't have "relations" with that woman, which turned out to be a smoking load of cigar BS.

If the most powerful man in the world can lie, then so can a podunk company trying to save some market share.

6. LoudRam

LoudRam Silver Member

Ratings:
    +348
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G7
    Twitter:
    @Loudram
    So now I'm wondering if the price drop rumor was wrong too. I hope not. They need to do something to jump start things.

And remember politicians don't lie...they embellish the truth.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

#18 LoudRam, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  7. armeddroid

armeddroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Lol with a straight face, no doubt.

Search tags for this page
alltogether htc

altogether htc

beats pro vs detox