HTC Confirms Which of Their Devices Will Be Receiving Android 4.0

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-logo-3.jpg

A while back HTC announced that they were planning to bring Ice Cream Sandwich to their devices. In a blog posted earlier today they detailed which of their devices will be receiving Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The following devices are expected to receive the update:
  • DROID Incredible 2
  • HTC Amaze 4G
  • HTC Desire S
  • HTC Desire HD
  • HTC EVO 3D
  • HTC EVO Design 4G
  • HTC Incredible S
  • HTC Sensation
  • HTC Sensation XL
  • HTC Sensation 4G
  • HTC Sensation XE
  • HTC Raider
  • HTC Rezound
  • HTC Rhyme
  • HTC Thunderbolt
  • HTC Vivid
HTC plans on releasing the update to the Sensation and the Sensation XE first. Their blog states, "We’re in the early stages of rolling out Android 4.0 for the HTC Sensation and HTC Sensation XE and upgrades will be more widely available in the next few weeks," and "The update for the HTC Sensation 4G and HTC Sensation XL will follow." As always, these updates are subject to carrier approval but HTC said, "[We are] working closely with our carrier partners to nail down update schedules for our other smartphones and will have more to share very soon."

We will keep you updated when we get more details, and until then if you happen to receive ICS on your device let us know what you think.

By eDogNights

Source: PhanDroid and HTC Blog

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good on HTC for making sure these devices get ICS. If the thunderbolt and the Inc 2 were Moto devices, they wouldn't be getting it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good on HTC for making sure these devices get ICS. If the thunderbolt and the Inc 2 were Moto devices, they wouldn't be getting it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Exactly! Aka the D3 and X2.

But I'm happy HTC is showing the love.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
My wife has a TB and I was shocked that the red headed stepchild of a phone it is will be getting ICS.

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Now if they could just put the Thunderbolt next in line and drop it on us in a month or two, I'd be extremely happy. But just knowing that it'll get it eventually is good enough for me... And yea it may be the "red headed step child" of HTC, but think about it this way: has the Droid Charge or the LG Revolution gotten/will be getting ICS? I haven't heard anything recently about them, and they were 2nd and 3rd to have 4G ;)