HTC Camera App On Any Android Device.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-Camera-app-apk.jpg

The Nexus lineup has to be one of my favorite series of devices. The reason for this is because I am a huge fan of the Root and Rom community. These phones also tend to set the standard for what is expected of OEMs that use Android as their operating system. While these phones are great where they generally lack in greatness is their cameras. Not only is the camera quality normally subpar when compared to other flagship phones, the camera software often leaves much to be desired.

The HTC camera software on the other hand is feature rich. If you are looking for a more feature rich camera experience on your Nexus or other smartphone you can actually install the HTC camera. Installation is pretty simple. The HTC camera comes in app form so you won't have to install it via recovery. Root is not required. Grab the app from the link below.

via apkmirror

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
But does everything actually WORK on other phones? Someone try it and tell me. :D

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems to work pretty well... No crashes, pics and videos look nice.. Trying to see what it does differently than the stock one that comes on the Nexus... Nothing really jumps out at me... A little easier to swipe between different modes I guess...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Just installed it on my note3. Doesn't necessarily seem to have more features but what I really like is that I can set balance, flash, etc immediately from the screen. It drives me crazy with the stock note3 camera to have to go through a major process just to turn off flash.

sent from my Note3 (soon to be??) using tapatalk

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, some settings are easier to get to. I do notice that because you are not on an HTC device, you cannot go from the camera right to the gallery, it is grayed out, so you have to exit the camera app and manually launch the gallery to see the pic you just took.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah, ditto here also.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just installed it on my note3. Doesn't necessarily seem to have more features but what I really like is that I can set balance, flash, etc immediately from the screen. It drives me crazy with the stock note3 camera to have to go through a major process just to turn off flash.

I don't have the Note3, but I do have a Note4, which allows you to drag 3 of the most common settings into a little area at the top if the camera screen. Are you sure the Note3 doesn't have that feature?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I don't have the Note3, but I do have a Note4, which allows you to drag 3 of the most common settings into a little area at the top if the camera screen. Are you sure the Note3 doesn't have that feature?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk
Checking it out now.

Well thank you @Miklb58! I certainly can. I learned something new about my phone today!

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

Last edited: