HTC Building Two Nexus Smartphones: M1 & S1; Codenamed Marlin & Sailfish [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-nexus-m1-s1-rumor.png

Hot off the presses! The latest rumint from famed leaker @evleaks fleshes out some details regarding the previously rumored HTC Nexus device(s). Supposedly HTC will not be building just one Nexus device, they will create two of them. These smartphones will supposedly be called the Nexus M1 and the Nexus S1.

No details were shared beyond that from Evan Blass; however, the folks at Android Police have matched up his intel with some additional intel. Because of their sleuthing, we have the internal codenames for these devices as well. They dug deep into an AOSP Gerrit file (which is a code review tool).

By cross referencing some comments in the AOSP Gerrit reference, they came up with the M1 being called Marlin, and the S1 is named Sailfish. On top of that, earlier rumors suggest another internal codename of T50 and T55 for both of these device. These are likely meant to describe their display sizes.

No matter how it shakes down, that's great news for Nexus fans. We will keep an eye out for any additional info. In the mean-time, be sure to drop by our dedicated HTC Nexus forum for further discussion: HTC Nexus 2016

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
HTC has had a special talent for screwing up phones lately that I'm scared they are going to screw up these two phones as well. Huawei did such an incredible job with the 6P that I think it's going to be tough for HTC to follow up.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You have to remember that these are Google's babies, I'm sure, especially knowing how successful the 6P was, they'll be monitoring for quality pretty closely. I can't imagine they'll allow HTC to put out flop devices.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah the Nexus 6P was a hit that probably no one saw. If I would have said 3 years ago that Huawei would make a better Nexus than Samsung, Motorola, and LG someone would have banned me from the forum for trolling. Be interesting to see what HTC does. Even better is how the Nexus line continues to progress. Each year they get a little bit better.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk