HTC bootloader unlock tool now supports the Thunderbolt

johnd09

Reaction score
Didn't see it posted, but htc's own bootloader unlock tool now supports the thunderbolt. Got to http://htcdev.com/bootloader/ and get your device unlocked. Probably the easiest way there will be. Remember it still voids your warranty. I bet Verizon is really unhappy with HTC right now.

Sent from my Transformer Prime That Is Taking Over the world.

knlin515

Reaction score
Well I just used this method to unlock and it went fairly smooth followed the directions very carefully (kinda new at this). Oh it does wipe your data and is also the only method supporting 2.11.605.9

EDIT: I must have spoke to soon my bootloader is still locked. The text in pink at the top of the screen says unlocked but it still tels me S-ON. can someone help me fix this? Or is using this method pointless for the TB given that it is so locked down?

Last edited:
OP
J

johnd09

Reaction score
I believe unlocked means it is unlocked, s-off may not come up with factory unlock, try to flash clockwork it shouldn't let you flash if its still locked. There maybe something you have to do to get it to change to s-off.

EDIT: Just read in the FAQ on htcdev that it doesn't gain s-off to protect radio and sim systems. Everything else is wide open for you to play with and that shouldn't matter as you will be flashing HTC signed radios anyway. That said you should be able to flash clockwork or another recovery.

Last edited:

knlin515

Reaction score
How do I flash Clockwork? ROMmanager wouldn't let me :(

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
J

johnd09

Reaction score
You will have to get the zip and flash through the bootloader. Couldn't find clockwork's, but here is team win's, it is touch screen enabled. Haven't used it, but have heard good things out of it. You should just have to drop the zip on the SD card named PG05IMG.ZIP (IN Windows don't add .zip or it will put 2 .zips at the end) then boot into the bootloader, it should flash by itself. Clockwork would be the same process I just didn't find their zip, you might look or hit up their IRC channel (should be on their website).
http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/10

Last edited:
OP
J

johnd09

Reaction score
Don't know exactly, shouldn't take any more than a few minutes.

knlin515

Reaction score
Well it tells me its checking the file for a few minutesand never does any thing and I have to pull the battery

sonicanatidae

Reaction score
Well it tells me its checking the file for a few minutesand never does any thing and I have to pull the battery

Have you considered revolutionary? It worked fine for me, first try. Gained S-OFF/Root and it installed CWM for me.

clickie: Revolutionary

It also has the advantage of not informing HTC that your phone is unlocked and voiding the warranty.
There is no smoking gun that HTC is killing warranties with this, but do you trust any company to unlock
the phone and not keep a list thereby voiding your warranty after?

Revo was written by devs for the community, its automated, simple and best of all,
HTC has zero way of knowing you've unlocked the device.

Food for thought..

Last edited: