HTC and Google Sign 3-Year Exclusive Nexus Smartphone Deal [Rumor]

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
On topic though I have to shake my head at Google for buying into a company whose country is laying down the law on American tech companies. Even if it is the best phone on the market that can wash my dishes and walk the dog I'm not touching it.

And I still feel that way...

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Huawei didn't exactly make a perfect Nexus either. Camera glass that spontaneously cracked, screen detaching from frame, sporadic WiFi issues, poor call quality , just to name a few.
That said, there will never be a "perfect device", just a device that's perfect for you.

S5 tap'n

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Huawei didn't exactly make a perfect Nexus either. Camera glass that spontaneously cracked, screen detaching from frame, sporadic WiFi issues, poor call quality , just to name a few.
That said, there will never be a "perfect device", just a device that's perfect for you.

S5 tap'n
The sporadic wifi issues may be more software related. I been noticing my Motorola Nexus 6 having the same issue since running 6.01. But I agree about the camera. Still it is not as bad as I feared a year ago. Seems like this was a qa fault, something that plagued every Nexus phone. You always going to have some that has a flaw. Because it is a Nexus we hear about it and pay more attention vs other devices.

If we were to be honest we have to admit huawei exceeded the expectations we had when they were first rumored to make the Nexus. I expected all kinds of quality control issues including it falling apart in the box when you go to pick it up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Any signal issues, Wi-Fi or LTE, have been fixed in the latest security patch. Whatever performance fixes they did as well has made this thing fly. I've never had a call quality issue, nor did I have any build issue. To me, this has been the perfect device. But that doesn't mean it's THE perfect device.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
^^ I've never had any issues with the 6P. Call quality has been superb once I removed verizon's stupid VoLTE Enhanced Calling. LTE has never been an issue and the shattered screens wasn't really an issue except for a select few people. Not like every device has it. The build on my phone has been flawless.