Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
3 years seems way too long of a commitment on Google's part.
Perhaps the Googs felt sorry for the puny kid on the playground that all the other kids have been making fun of for the past few years....
Yeah, that seems like plausible analogy.

S5 tap'n

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With Google's oversight, I feel HTC is more than capable of putting out phenomenal devices. Their issue seems to be a lack of direction, and Google can be that guiding light. This could be a winning combination.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Inc1 was by far ahead of the curve for everything but battery life until Verizon sent 2 updates back to back that turned them all into bootlooping bricks. As far as battery life mine was very acceptable with an extended battery that I put on it more for ergonomic than battery life, especially considering my world was -120dbm just about everywhere with Verizon. The camera on it was way ahead of everyone else at the time, even the much touted iPhone. That phone was relevant, spec wise, for quite a while, only Verizon causing the device to become obsolete before specs passed it by as a norm.
I only updated to the Rezound because Verizon botched up my Inc so bad and it was an excellent, trouble free device for over 2 years until Verizon once again botched an update that pushed out along with vznav (bloatware, no ability to freeze back then) getting a update date to make it compatible with the latest version of Android, before the version was pushed, that turned it into a brick until uninstalling the update, letting the firmware update then accepting the bloatware update . The last firmware update Verizon pushed out, supposedly for security purposes killed my battery life while turning the phone into a hand warmer then a follow up bug fixer pretty much turned it into a bootloop brick as well. The camera on it was great for its time. It blew away the GN that so many flocked to in everything but ease of rooting.
For you TB haters, the fiasco was partially Qualcomm and Verizon at fault there as well because cdma and LTE were not very battery friendly at the time due to both radios running full blast at all times. Yes HTC chose the chip to use but at the time their choices were pretty limited so they chose the lesser of 2 evils.
I switched to Samsung only because it was the only device with an electronic stylus pen. My brother has an M8 and loves it, having acceptable radio signal and battery life in that same -120dbm world I used to suffer through until moving away from Verizon. He's never been a camera phone user but he got a shot of my daughter being baptised that made a very nice 4x6 print.
I think HTC getting away from Verizon is going to be a good thing. HTC has always had good quality control build products, even before Android. Nobody else can honestly say that.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Samsung wants to complete and get market share so they're out.
LG came out and said we don't wanna anymore...
Sony, meh, ppl like them but making a Nexus would make them 360 their entire design ideology, and idk if they would even be interested...
Motorola already basically makes Nexi...
Hauwei came in swinging a big di....., oh I mean stick, would love to see a back to back (Drake voice)...
Who is left....Apple, Asus, Oppo, Blu lol
Hmmmm 1+............

tommyz

Reaction score
This hurts...

I had the Thunderbolt and hated it, so I swithched to Motorola. I got on the Motorola bandwagon. They made some great phones, then Lenova bought them. So, I decided to try the Nexus. I am now on the Nexus 6P and love it. If Google switches to HTC, boo...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
This hurts...

I had the Thunderbolt and hated it, so I swithched to Motorola. I got on the Motorola bandwagon. They made some great phones, then Lenova bought them. So, I decided to try the Nexus. I am now on the Nexus 6P and love it. If Google switches to HTC, boo...
I went from Motorola, to HTC back to Motorola and now Huawei 6P.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Was the Incredible before or after thunderdolt? Those were the last. My friend had an M8 and it's battery life was less than 5 hours a day. No thanks.

They were around the same time. My wife had the Thunderbolt and it was a TERRIBLE phone. The Droid Incredible wasn't great either but better than the TB. They have come a long way since then and those old phones shouldn't be used to judge them against today's phones.

wardo

Reaction score
Who are we kidding, IF it's a beast of a phone we're going to get it lol
Does it really even matter if a phone has killer specs? To me having a note 2, turbo, s6, girl has apple stuff. They are all so similar. 8 core 12 core blah blah blah. Give me a solid reception good camera and battery... done. ..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agree. I got a Turbo2 because of the 4 year screen crack warranty. Everything else is just fluff.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
You guys really sticking it to htc lol
They are the ones making 5.5" screens with 2600mah batteries. To them blasting music from front facing speakers for couple hours is more important then having battery life that lasts at least half a day. Stupid company deserves to die a slow and painful death.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I was hoping for a Sammy Nexus. Bah humbug.

Kudos to HTC though. They need all the help that they can get. Hopefully this will make them relevant again.