OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Kinda looks like the speaker is on the bottom edge, doesn't it? Hope the specs are more innovative than the design appears to be.

I agree just see the bottom ....I don't think anything new will be coming with this phone ..kinda on par with G5 and S7 processing wise...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nice, except for that Samsung/iPhone looking button on the bottom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Nice, except for that Samsung/iPhone looking button on the bottom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Really not much you can do with a fingerprint button ...it's either front or back like LG/Huawei

badtoy1986

Reaction score
I like how the video shows the most major design change happening to the phone. It looks like they take an M9 and show how they just added the champher. That made me laugh. I really hope they survive. They need to come up with something different though and they are struggling.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I agree just see the bottom ....I don't think anything new will be coming with this phone ..kinda on par with G5 and S7 processing wise...
Initial hands-on videos are up on YT now from some of the more well-known sources. Bottom speaker is a "woofer" and the earpiece speaker doubles as the high-mid speaker for media audio.

Actually seems like a nice solid device by the couple of videos I've watched so far. DAC and headphone amplifier. Improved camera. Probably the biggest thing for me is that they apparently worked with Google to drastically reduce duplicate apps, so instead of having a Google app and an htc app that do the same thing, many of those are now just the Google app.

OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Initial hands-on videos are up on YT now from some of the more well-known sources. Bottom speaker is a "woofer" and the earpiece speaker doubles as the high-mid speaker for media audio.

Actually seems like a nice solid device by the couple of videos I've watched so far. DAC and headphone amplifier. Improved camera. Probably the biggest thing for me is that they apparently worked with Google to drastically reduce duplicate apps, so instead of having a Google app and an htc app that do the same thing, many of those are now just the Google app.

Nice ...If they improve camera looks to be a winner

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Glad to see them stepping in the right direction. Still wonder if it'll be enough, but I feel like they still have some goodwill with customers and fans of their devices. I don't think they're quite in a Blackberry situation, so I think they can come out of the storm and compete. If initial reports hold up, this will be a solid device for sure.