HTC #1 Smartphone Vendor In USA

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
htc.jpg

It seems being quietly brilliant also means making a lot of incredible phones, because that's the only thing that can explain the latest headline. According to a newly released reports, HTC has now taken the top spot, passing Samsung and even Apple, as the number one smartphone manufacturer in the US of A. The company has been putting out hit phones, and has finally reached a remarkable achievement. This report was done by Canalys, who released it on Monday saying HTC shipped 5.7 million own-brand smartphones and another 700,000 T-Mobile-branded handsets in the U.S. last quarter to take the top spot with 6.4 million total devices shipped. Samsung, who was previously top, shipped only 4.9 million smartphones in the U.S. last quarter according to Canalys, and Apple didn't fall too far behind with 4.6 million iPhones shipped.

This is great news for the company that made the first 3G phone, first Android phone, first WiMax phone, first big screen phone, and more recently, first LTE phone.

Via: BGR

Last edited by a moderator:

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Well.....its pretty dang well deserved! Look at all of them firsts they brought to us! My dinc2 is so far the best phone ive used to far! I cant wait to see the rezound and g-nex side by side!

azndan2

Reaction score
This is what happens when you actually listen to your customers and fan base. As opposed to Motorola losing money and laying off 800 people because no one wants to buy their locked down phones.

alboboy10

Reaction score
This is what happens when you actually listen to your customers and fan base. As opposed to Motorola losing money and laying off 800 people because no one wants to buy their locked down phones.

Lol I went away from motorola but HTC isn't exactly listening right now either. My thunderbolt still has glitches after all this time and latest update

JuniorJays

Reaction score
HTC makes awesome phones but battery life can be well you know. Anyways my current incredible still rocks like the first day I got it. It's stock

King_Bean

Reaction score
Well.....its pretty dang well deserved! Look at all of them firsts they brought to us! My dinc2 is so far the best phone ive used to far! I cant wait to see the rezound and g-nex side by side!

Same here. I looooooooove my dinc2...so much so that I'm not even itching for a new phone even though there are some awesome ones about to come out. And I guess the dinc2 is the one HTC phone that has outstanding battery life.

chewy74

Reaction score
I've always wanted to try a HTC, but the thurnderbolt kinda extinguished that urge...

Insidious

Reaction score
I got the D2 over the Incredible because I wanted to have a flagship phone, but that was a mistake. The phone is pretty crappy, and I definately like the Dinc better. Ah well only a year left and I can upgrade :/

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

doublea500

Reaction score
why is it always shipped instead of sold??? Number sold is the real test.

believe me, they wouldn't ship that much if their phones did not get sold. they try to meet demand with the amount supplied, and for an expensive product, they have researchers work like crazy, trying to find the amount to ship. and also, they are not in too large of amounts either.

thesandman00

Reaction score
For them to ship the phones out of the warehouse someone has had to buy them or at least committed to buying them. I understand why they sold so many, like the other post said, my Dinc2 is awesome!

This post is Incredible 2!

Nope. Manufacturers use the "Shipped" figure ALL THE TIME. Shipping large volumes doesn't mean they've sold a lot. A braindead easy example of this is to think about how many HP Touchpads were shipped. Said absolutely nothing about how many were sold.

thesandman00

Reaction score
believe me, they wouldn't ship that much if their phones did not get sold. they try to meet demand with the amount supplied, and for an expensive product, they have researchers work like crazy, trying to find the amount to ship. and also, they are not in too large of amounts either.

See message above. Touchpad.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. Manufacturers use the "Shipped" figure ALL THE TIME. Shipping large volumes doesn't mean they've sold a lot. A braindead easy example of this is to think about how many HP Touchpads were shipped. Said absolutely nothing about how many were sold.

Exactly, shipped means they are sitting in warehouses, stores or have been sold. Number shipped accounts for the many many thousands waiting to be sold.