[HowTo] Wifi Mount your DROID - Discussion

flyer05

Reaction score
Thanks for Dyndns that did the trick now I got it both ways. Whaahoo.

BzB

Reaction score
thanks for the info, rintintigger!

now if we can only find a way to browse a shared folder on our pc from the droid. i know it (the droid) probably already does, or will do soon... :)

synctek

Reaction score
So how do you refresh the the content on the SD card after adding or removing stuff? I have to plug and then unplug the Droid to a USB cable before it shows anything added/removed.

synctek

Reaction score
Kewl!!! I think the USB cable sync works but then whats the point of the wireless :mad:
Theres an option to un-mount the SD card, if they could just add the feature to mount it.......

synctek

Reaction score
Is there an app or a way to manually set the IP address on the Droid?

synctek

Reaction score
What is the app that changes the IP on the wireless adaptator?

DP13

Reaction score
Hope we like it?

Really?

Seriously?

If I may speak for everyone....of course we don't like it.......we L O V E it!

Awesome Tigger....great job!!!

karmastorm

Reaction score
So how do you refresh the the content on the SD card after adding or removing stuff? I have to plug and then unplug the Droid to a USB cable before it shows anything added/removed.

There's a widget called SDMounty that'll do that with just a press.

BTW, does anyone have any idea why I'm unable to FTP or ping my Droid either via the direct IP address or using the DynDNS address? It works fine when I connect via my internal WiFi, but it isn't working over 3G. The attempts just timeout.

Any tips would be great as I'd love to get this working remotely.

Edit: I notice that when I try to run tracert on my IP, it times out after the third hop on a myvzw.com address (12 hops total).

phatkat66

Reaction score
Hey i followed the steps to get this to work and everything was fine except i cant use my static ip for some reason. When i open up FTPServer apptheres an ip address already on top and unless i use that one it wont mount.

Any reason for that? I went into my wifi settings and changed the settings to use static ip, made a static ip that isnt being used (checked for ping) i added the gateway ip and also the subnet mask ip and i restarted the FTP app and it still uses the ip address they gave me at the top.

Thanks

phatkat66

Reaction score
im also having a problem with moving files from one folder to another while its mounted through wifi, sometimes netdrive pops up saying error in something and other times it doesnt say anything at all but anytime i leave the folder it acts as if nothing has happened at all. Even when i rebooted the phone after i took files from one folder to another its as if nothing ever happened.