[HowTo] Wifi Mount your DROID - Discussion

makieru

Reaction score
I couldn't get this to work. I'm assuming you need to turn on your wifi on your phone? correct? I followed your direction and i just get a error on my computer about worng passwor, username or internet conection wrong, Please help

Oh I had this problem too.
To fix this, after you have the app running on your phone. Open it up and it will have a grey bar at the top that says "FTPServer (*IP:pORT*) - 0 sessions"
Use THAT IP into netdrive.

after about thirty minutes of tinkering/wondering why the hell it wouldnt work i finally read the error message (lol shoulda done that in the first place) and stumbled upon what MInkyboi said. FTP Server seems to designate an ip address automatically as i was given no choice. anywho now it works great!

ch0sen0ne

Reaction score
I am on a Mac, so I opted to go the route of clicking on Go / Connect To Server from the Finder menu. I then typed in 192.168.10.xx:2002 connected with the username and password and told it to remember it in my keychain, and now I have it without an FTP client.

This way I am able to use the built in options in the finder, such as quick look, coverflow view etc.

Really great find RinTin.. Appreciate it!
I'm on a Mac as well. I've got access to the Droid but it seems that I only have read access... Anyone else have this issue? Did I miss a step somewhere?

ch0sen0ne

Reaction score
Alright, I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm able to use a FTP client such as FileZilla and read/write but when I go through Finder > Go > Connect to Server and plug in the info it shows up as only read access.

I found a program MacFusion but am unable to get it to work right. Sometimes I miss my PC haha...

altaf.wahid

Reaction score
I just tried it - had to use FileZilla though because NetDrive wouldn't install on x64.

Great find! Thanks.

flyer05

Reaction score
What am I missing ? I have it running but it shows my drive on the droid as empty ? use \sdcard, humm ?? I am lost here.

I am really challenged. I got MyIP now where do I add the host name ? Site name, account name ? I don't know where to put it?? Not that it matters if I can't get to the sdcard

TIA

flyer05

Reaction score
Restarted the connection and now works great. I have my sdcard recognized. Now where to put host name ??

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
What am I missing ? I have it running but it shows my drive on the droid as empty ? use \sdcard, humm ?? I am lost here.

I am really challenged. I got MyIP now where do I add the host name ? Site name, account name ? I don't know where to put it?? Not that it matters if I can't get to the sdcard

TIA

Hostname should be Host/Site

flyer05

Reaction score
now I get login denied check credentials supplied ?? what are they looking for ?

flyer05

Reaction score
Also the name keeps changing ?? man I am an idiot. sorry for the questions.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
I'll add to this if I may. When using the FTP connection over 3G your IP displayed can changed after time. VZW assigns them via DHCP so when the lease is up, your phone gets a new IP. To get around this, use DynDNS from the market. Sign up with them and select a hostname to use with one of their domains.
For example, one of their domains is getmyip.com and I selected droid as my host name. So now when I setup the ftp client I can enter droid.getmyip.com instead of the IP address. The app you install from the market sends your current 3G (public IP) address to your DynDNS account. So when it changes, it doesn't matter. I still use droid.getmyip.com.