[HowTo] Wifi Mount your DROID - Discussion

Vladimir

Reaction score
Now, So I can use this on my Laptop which is running a 64bit Vista, is there another program aside from net drive?

Utzz

Reaction score
Does this software combo accomplish something that EStrongs File Manager doesn't? The only thing that needs to be done to your PC is turn on file sharing and note down the IP address...no need to install additional software with EStrongs.

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Now, So I can use this on my Laptop which is running a 64bit Vista, is there another program aside from net drive?

Use Filezilla instead.

The workflow i showed is just simply using FTP connection from client (your laptop) to server (your DROID)

NetDrive just makes it more easy and mounts it as drive.

I dont know if the filemanager does that :icon_ banana:

Crazy_Squirrel

Reaction score
Will this enable me to access remotely?

If I follow your directions, will I be able to access my shared files remotely? i have estrongs and cannot access , not annonymously or with all of my creds. followed all instructions to a t. i can input my own ip address, and my user name for windows and get connected that way, but its not the same is it? i need to access my college papers away from home. ty.
by the way, the tao of pooh says- if you build it, they will come....:icon_ banana:

zegwin

Reaction score
Reaction score
I couldn't get this to work. I'm assuming you need to turn on your wifi on your phone? correct? I followed your direction and i just get a error on my computer about worng passwor, username or internet conection wrong, Please help

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Listen, I love my Droid as much as the next person but don't you think this "mounting it" business is going a bit too far?:eek:

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Listen, I love my Droid as much as the next person but don't you think this "mounting it" business is going a bit too far?:eek:

What the heck do you want from me? i just show off how to mount your SD card to the computer without using a cable!

@All others

1. You get your 3g hostname and IP adress through the little Programm "MyIP" which is aviable via Market.

2. if you recive username and password errors, you just have to make sure that u use the SAME username and Password ON BOTH the droid and netdrive/ftp client!

Tigger

Jeremy556

Reaction score
Cool. I added a static DHCP mapping for the droid based on its MAC address, so that gets around the static IP address issue.

There seems to be no permissions configurable to allow you to delete contents on the FTP server. I have my droid set to turn off WIFI when the screen turns off, but with the FTP server running, it is still accessible, so the FTP software may kill the battery by keeping WIFI and/or 3G connections open all the time.

Nightline

Reaction score
I am on a Mac, so I opted to go the route of clicking on Go / Connect To Server from the Finder menu. I then typed in 192.168.10.xx:2002 connected with the username and password and told it to remember it in my keychain, and now I have it without an FTP client.

This way I am able to use the built in options in the finder, such as quick look, coverflow view etc.

Really great find RinTin.. Appreciate it!

MInkyboi

Reaction score
I couldn't get this to work. I'm assuming you need to turn on your wifi on your phone? correct? I followed your direction and i just get a error on my computer about worng passwor, username or internet conection wrong, Please help

Oh I had this problem too.
To fix this, after you have the app running on your phone. Open it up and it will have a grey bar at the top that says "FTPServer (*IP:pORT*) - 0 sessions"
Use THAT IP into netdrive.