[HowTo] Setup Touchdown with Sherweb

Kias

Reaction score
This is how you setup Touchdown for Android 2.0/2.1 by Nitrodesk with an Exchange 2007 Account at Sherweb. I could not find any specific instructions for this here, or on Sherweb's site. So, why not write them myself!

You can download Touchdown in the Market Place by searching for "Touchdown" Ensure you choose Touchdown for Android 2.0/2.1 as there's a couple of different versions.

Oh, and until I can figure out how to get a proper screen shot, this is as good as it gets!

Once it's installed and you have Touchdown started, you will see this screen.
1.jpg

Touch the Gear to get started with configuring.

1.5.jpg

You can use the Quick Configuration button for simplest setup.

2.jpg

• Your User ID will be your email address.
  • Leave the Domain field blank.
  • Put your password in.
  • Server name will be webmail.ihostexchange.net
Click Next

3.jpg

• Set Uses SSL to Yes
Click Next

4.jpg

• Unclick Exchange 2003
  • Unclick Exchange 2007
  • Leave ActiveSync checked
Click Next

5.jpg

• Read Carefully!
Click Next

6.jpg

• Watch a couple of these come and go
Don't click anything yet!

7.jpg

• Now you're all set!
Click Close

1.jpg

Now you'll be back at this screen again, and it should be happily syncing with exchange. But we're not done yet! Go ahead and click that gear again.

8.jpg

• Click the Advanced tab at the top to find this screen.
  • Change the Message History to however many days of email you want in your droid. Don't worry, all of your email will still be in Outlook on your PC. (Or the Mac equivalent)
  • Scroll down this screen, changing any option along the way you think you might want to change. If you don't understand what a particular option is, it might just be best to leave it at the default settings. The defaults are pretty good.
9.jpg

The one important item you might want to look at is the Choose Folders button.

10.jpg

Scroll down this screen and choose any other folders you want on your Droid. If they're greyed out, they won't be on your droid.

Now Click OK, then scroll to the bottom and click Save. You're now all setup with Touchdown for Android 2.0/2.1 and a Sherweb Exchange Account!