How's your music sound quality in the car??

prfoley

Reaction score
I've had my Razr play through my AUX input in my car and the sound is very tinny. Vocals appear to be much lower than instruments. I've tried with MOG and Spotify, with the same results. Anyone else have this issue? Or if anyone has a success story with this, please post!

Thanks,

p

adavis609

Reaction score
Use an app like power amp, you can completely adjust the equalizer settings to your liking. I have the pure beats headphones from verizon and they lack highs but with the app I can fix that and they sound much better now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mattman5000

Reaction score
Sounds like maybe you are only hearing the left channel or right channel. Are you using a stereo cable? The connectors on both ends should have three areas, separated by two black lines. Is the connector fully plugged in to both the phone and the car stereo?

jtpowell

Reaction score
Go into settings and try the Media audio affects. Mine sounds awesome in the car. I mostly use Google Music and Pandora and they both sound great.

OP
P

prfoley

Reaction score
Thanks,

I'm connected to the car stereo via a 3.5mm jack. Funny, I've tried two different Razrs with the same result. I've used my Droid X in the same car with great sound. So in the media audio effects, what settings do you have?
I'm signed up for the monthly fee with MOG, so I'd like to stick with it. I have tried the EQ Equalizer app, but still have the same issue.

Thanks for your help.

jtpowell

Reaction score
Try disabling, try enabling. I have mine set to 3D stereo profile. You could also try the Custom Profile.

iguanad

Reaction score
Sounds like maybe you are only hearing the left channel or right channel. Are you using a stereo cable? The connectors on both ends should have three areas, separated by two black lines. Is the connector fully plugged in to both the phone and the car stereo?

Using Bluetooth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

doggy2965

Reaction score
I use power amp works great

smmfc

Reaction score
I get that issue with mine if its not plugged in all the way but if it is try a different cabe

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I use the Motocast app and Google music with the 3d stereo profile and the sound is quite good.

bigpopa71

Reaction score
My system pounds with the stock player or power amp. I luv it! Sound quality is awesome, its about 90% of what I get from my CDs.

deftflux

Reaction score
I have a Droid 4 and had the same problem. Here is the solution: Turn OFF media effects. At least use custom and turn off the surround portion, because it screws up the stereo separation. I turned mine off, and now I hear everything in glorious stereo! Come on, now, the phone only has two channels--left and right--any reference to supposed "surround" is obviously a gimmick.

wmjosiah

Reaction score
Thanks so much!!

I also have a Droid 4 and this has been driving me nuts... no pun intended. I was blaming my stereo in my car. I like this solution much better. It works, and everything sounds right again! Thanks so much.

I have a Droid 4 and had the same problem. Here is the solution: Turn OFF media effects. At least use custom and turn off the surround portion, because it screws up the stereo separation. I turned mine off, and now I hear everything in glorious stereo! Come on, now, the phone only has two channels--left and right--any reference to supposed "surround" is obviously a gimmick.