How's that update working for you?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't find sdcard-ext anywhere..
I've tried making my own folder - nothing. I've tried putting that folder into the sdcard - still nothing. None of it shows up in recovery.

Last edited:

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
Still no update if my phone was rooted and I did system wipe by holding x and power button do I need to do anything else to it I didn't put any tons in it im pretty new at this so not sure if im doing the. Right thing to get the gingerbread update l looked in about phone and then system update is there. Anything else I have to do only rooted for wireless tether. If some can please help or inform me that would. Be awesome cause im getting irritated with the update all my friends in area have it I wonder why I don't ......bill

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Using droid 2? I think update is for droid 3 only...

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mrcastillo

Reaction score
The only odd thing I have with the update is gtalk won't remain the new video version after a reboot. Talk is still on there after a reboot, but it is the original. I have to go into system/app with root explorer and hit Talk2.apk and tell it to install in order to have the updated version again. Very annoying.

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide mark 2
U need to rename the old 1 to talk.apk.bak so the new 1 works

Reaction score
I can't find sdcard-ext anywhere..
I've tried making my own folder - nothing. I've tried putting that folder into the sdcard - still nothing. None of it shows up in recovery.

The way i found sdcard-ext was to download astro file from the market and when you do tap the icon at the top that looks like a folder with a green arrow. You may need to do it twice i can remember. And you will see it

Tepes

Reaction score
U need to rename the old 1 to talk.apk.bak so the new 1 works

The odd thing is, I see no trace of the old one. In system/app is Talk2.apk, when I reboot the phone, the original Talk is running but Talk2 is all that is in system/app. The only thing that appears in data/app is the com.google....talk-1.apk which is there after I tell Talk2.apk to install so it gives me the new one. I renamed Talk2.apk to .bak and the app functioned as the original again. I renamed com.google...talk-1 to .bak and the app force closes. So I moved com.google to system/app, renamed it Talk2.apk, turned the original one in system/app to .bak and again, when the phone rebooted....I had the original running. So where is that damn thing hiding and why won't the "update" of the app hold?

mrcastillo

Reaction score
Here's the size of talk.apk 984.64k. Look for that n compare to the 1 u found it might help U like that

mrcastillo

Reaction score
Forgot to ask. Did U copy the lib file to system/lib?

Tepes

Reaction score
Here's the size of talk.apk 984.64k. Look for that n compare to the 1 u found it might help U like that

You nailed it. The original Talk was hiding in system/app as com.google...talk.apk. Wouldn't have even thought to look for that in system/app, always shot straight the the Ts. Renamed that .bak and rebooted and Talk2.apk held. Now I don't have to "reinstall" every time.

Tepes

Reaction score
Forgot to ask. Did U copy the lib file to system/lib?

Didn't need to since this was done from the dev OTA. It is where it needs to be.

mklp29

Reaction score
hate the new update using droid 2....task bar is too dark.....and os is screen before u swipe code or enter password to enter desk top......dont like batery review settings.....dont like emergency key on my opening screen.....like the app browser button

DeadDroid3

Reaction score
hate the new update using droid 2....task bar is too dark.....and os is screen before u swipe code or enter password to enter desk top......dont like batery review settings.....dont like emergency key on my opening screen.....like the app browser button

Update is for droid3.. Not 2.... ?

davishusband

Reaction score

Seriously dude you are begging for attention. Don't you know this is a Droid 3 forum. Your probably still using a Motorola Razor phone, or a Trac Phone, :)