How's Gingerbread Coming

Discussion in 'Drod2169 - X' started by db306, Mar 24, 2011.

1. bubba82

bubba82 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well thanks for that im new here and can't beloved the speed if your rom. Gingerbread looks good. Hope verizion pushes it out or u have a rom built 1st ;)

I try to respond to the best of my ability. I'm not an almighty being that you guys don't deserve to talk to because I made a rom, and I refuse to act like one ;)[/QUOTE]

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

2. Porkweasel

Porkweasel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    An update from Twitter on the possibility of a Gingerbread ROM for the DX from Drod2169:

"DX Supporters/Followers: If I have a chance to make rubiX Gingerbread, I will. No promises, no ETA's, no release even confirmed."

Obviously we all hope there will be a Gingerbread rubiX ROM in the future, as it would be a fitting end to Drod's develpment on the X since there's a good chace the DX won't be upgraded past Gingerbread officially. For now let's enjoy what we have, since it's the most stable ROM out there, and hope Drod has the time to work on a new rubiX when he gets around to it.

LATER!

3. 13th angel

13th angel Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    Still have to wait for gingerbread to get rooted before we start worrying about roms for it lol. Admitted though, it would be very nice to have rubix on gingerbread.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

4. digitalslacker

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running the leak right now and it's fast...not as fast as rubiX though.

I hope drod can make Ginger-rubiX happen because I can only imagine how fast it would be after he got his hands on it.

I'm going back to rubiX tonight, just had to see what the fuss was a bout. Moto did a good job with this but at this point it doesn't offer me anything rubiX doesn't already.

5. OnMy2ndGP

OnMy2ndGP Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Funny, because I downloaded TBH's GB release file but didn't install it. Yeah, rubiX is that good. Besides, GB ain't rooted...yet. I saw DRod's tweet. I've got my fingers, arms, toes, legs and eyes crossed :blink: for a GB rubiX. (Perhaps codename: gingerbiX)

That would be a great end of support for us X users DRod. Even if you don't I thank you again for the work that you did do. :rating10:

6. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +775
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel 2XL
    Though I hope you do release a GB ROM in the Rubix family, I wont' hold it against you if you don't. You have done such an amazing job with the DX. The release of GB for the DX looks amazing and though I want to try it, I love Rubix too much to get rid of it, as well as root access.

7. bsbabcock

bsbabcock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya know what.. Boom! Donate done. It isn't much, but it's in thanks for Rubix Focused 2.0.1 and hopes for future DX development. Hoping to hear those happy words "Gingerbread Rooted" soon. Until then, RubiX Focused is staying on my X for a while.

8. marcfogel

marcfogel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Drod tweeted this on Monday:

DX Supporters/Followers: If I have a chance to make rubiX Gingerbread, I will. No promises, no ETA's, no release even confirmed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

9. Porkweasel

Porkweasel Member

Ratings:
    +0
  10. bsbabcock

bsbabcock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Happy days!
    I'm sticking on RubiX for a bit though until the smoke clears and I get brave. Besides I finally found a theme or two I like enough over the clean stock theme to actually try.

11. Porkweasel

Porkweasel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sticking with rubiX too. I don't want to sacrifice speed for bloat. That's why I'm hoping Drod has the time to work on a new GB version of rubiX. If not, I guess I'll stick with 2.0.1 until I upgrade to a new phone.

12. Bald Steve

Bald Steve New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Drod's a freak with this stuff - GB RubiX would absolutely rule.