Hows Battery Life??? I want to hear from rooted users...

big58ben

Reaction score
Wouldn't have believed it

I got the Bolt last week. I've had a number of smartphones - Windows, Iphone, Android all sorts. The Bolt is without a doubt the fastest - it is real screamer!!! Being a screamer it is a screaming battery eater as well.

I've been a tinker of phones for long time and really like the Android based devices. I had and really liked the Fascinate. Problem was no front facing phone for Skype. I travel a lot for leisure and use Skype to stay in touch with my family at several locations.

The first phone out on Verizon with the front facing camera was the Iphone. The Iphone is very straight forward and simply works.

Tinkers don't like simple though so when I had the opportunity to pick up a Bolt at a discount I did it.

Very disappointing at first - IT ATE the battery in less than 4 hours. I rooted the phone and tried to do everything that made logical sense. Still little improvement.

Then I installed BAMF 1.5 (Debloated), installed Drod kernel, Watchdog and JuiceDefender. WOW.

I've been off the charger for about 9 hours and have 50% left on my battery.

Now the Iphone battery performance was better but it doesn't SCREAM like the BOLT.

Loving it now.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I have great results so far.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

texazranger09

Reaction score
Think I have the best I've of anyone so far...
Yes this is real, be amazed
And still going screen time is around 2 hours on right now total

you've been....THUNDASTRUCK!

texazranger09

Reaction score
Ok figured I'd pop in once more and update, I'm absolutely amazed at the battery life in my setup currently. Das bamf 1.5 running the new drod kernel.
I still won't run this down to zero by time I go to bed

adjacks86

Reaction score
Hey texazranger09....how u get your battery to last so long? I have to charge mine twice a day.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Ryukashin

Reaction score
Hey texazranger09....how u get your battery to last so long? I have to charge mine twice a day.

2nd lol. The best I ever got was about 14 hours and was around 30-something %.

texazranger09

Reaction score
Haha I wish I had an answer for you guys because if this wasnt my phone I probably wouldn't believe this. Like I said dbamf 1.5 and the newest drod 1.8 kernel oc'd to around 1300 with 40% brightness and wifi, but there was a substantial amount of time I didn't have WiFi too, so I'm just as stumped lol

Ryukashin

Reaction score
Haha I wish I had an answer for you guys because if this wasnt my phone I probably wouldn't believe this. Like I said dbamf 1.5 and the newest drod 1.8 kernel oc'd to around 1300 with 40% brightness and wifi, but there was a substantial amount of time I didn't have WiFi too, so I'm just as stumped lol

haha that's funny. I don't have mine overclocked, or use the overclocking programs (i.e setcpu), no wifi, no gps, I keep autosync on, light to medium use, screen brightness at about 20-25%, Now das bamf 1.6 (was 1.5) with its stock kernal. I might have to try this drod 1.8 kernal after I see how well the new kernal works.

One question, for your overclock what governor do you use? smartass, on demand, conservative?

texazranger09

Reaction score
Right now smartass...but usually on demand. I've been experimenting with them to see and never really saw much of a difference until now

adjacks86

Reaction score
I might have to change mine from on demand too although im running the PE rom right now. Might try bamf soon though.

Ryukashin

Reaction score
yeah i never really understood what the difference was between some of the governors lol. I'll have to see if using them extends my battery life

Ryukashin

Reaction score
I might have to change mine from on demand too although im running the PE rom right now. Might try bamf soon though.

The new toolbox on BAMF 1.6 is nice because it basically includes a setcpu program to choose max, min, and governor.

adjacks86

Reaction score
The new toolbox on BAMF 1.6 is nice because it basically includes a setcpu program to choose max, min, and governor.[/QUOTE]

Yea...the PE rom has that too. I'm gonna do some tweaking with this one and if nothing really works I'll see if a diff rom gives better battery life on my phone cuz I'd love to not have to charge my phone for a day or so if I have to.

texazranger09

Reaction score
Here's the official time before plugging it in. Idk if I'll ever be able to reproduce this again. Screen time on was around 3 1/2 hours

doctrdata

Reaction score
thundastruck

i must say thank you tex. i have liquid sense 1.3 and tried drod with setcpu on smartass. and well lets just say from 9am til 9pm i was @ 20% streaming a good few hours of music and other misc calls email etc..stock battery.. if i remember pic tomorrow