Hows Battery Life??? I want to hear from rooted users...

manuel4321

Reaction score
As most have said, stock was horrible. Blockbuster app was sucking down 50% of my battery life, that and all the other bloat pissed me off beyond belief.

Ive had my thunderbolt for a solid week now, and I am much more satisfied with it at this point. I am in no way an expert, so please be gentle. First big thing I have read for battery life and stamina, search "battery conditioning" in google. Basically revolves around filling the battery completely and completely draining before plug in, not trickle charges here and there.

From what I have seen so far this phone has so much going on, you will want to direct power to where you need it when you need it. 3g/4g toggle, brightness, wifi, bluetooth, sync, Gps, all with a undervolted kernel set with smart-ass governor will really take your phone to another level. Everything at once(for me at least) is just not an option. Just set up a home screen with every option at your finger tips and its a non issue flipping them on an off as needed.

I don't have any numbers to give, but its beating the life of my Droid 1 by a good amount(that phones battery was up in age so i would call it even.) So I couldn't be happier. Good Luck, and thanks to the whole Android community for there amazing work on these roms and kernels.

Currently running Das BAMF 1.4, and trying out leanKernal_extreme I came across in Rom manager.

heydockyle

Reaction score
Lightning Rom v3.3 with adr v. A kernel using smartass gov.

Haven't had it die on me in middle of day yet. Been using it for over two hours so far today, and I've updated the radio, updated to newer Rom. About 240 gb of data to download and then flash. Also did some other web browsing and stuff. Have 75% life left still.

Also with 4g off unless I need it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

crackedvenom

Reaction score
Mine made it about roughly 6 hours. I was constantly on facebook and the web too. So had i just been using it for texting or something, could have easily squeezed out a little more.

EDIT: I also went into that #* options and only put it on 3g as im in a small town an hour from the closet place that will have 4g any time soon.

Last edited:

wooddale

Reaction score
Im in Wi in an extended area summer place I can watch the bat go down its always zear hing for sig but it does work if I get in the wright spot out the woods

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Beleive it or not I was able to go a little over a day before charging my phone. I took it off the charger yesterday at 930 and I had to charge it now. I was normal usage. text messages, talking on the phone, email and some browsing through DF app. I have full 4G coverage in my area. In addition, I am on the new rom Das BAMF 1.5 with new radio update dancedroid

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
Try this battery life. I am getting great battery life. I use moderate. Sum txt, sum calls. Music Facebook.

I am on bamf 1.5 using juice defender.

Brought by a Holy Thunderbolt from Oden

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Here is mine . Apparently the image not showing clearly. Sigh but I got 17 hours and im still at 20 percent

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

geoff5093

Reaction score
Try this battery life. I am getting great battery life. I use moderate. Sum txt, sum calls. Music Facebook.

I am on bamf 1.5 using juice defender.

Image is way too small

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
Will upload tomorrow a version bigger sorry.

tsitalon1

Reaction score
Rooted, running Das BAMF 1.4 ROM, Drod's 1.8 kernel clocked to 1.5ghz w/ custom profiles, etc ,etc....

I get MUCH MUCH MUCH better battery life than out of the box.

How's the 1.8 kernel? What profiles are you using? Thanks in advance.

:icon_eek:

I love it. Ive tried most that are out and this is the only one that I can crank up and it runs like a beast on my phone.

I have a profile to turn the clockspeed to a minimum when the screen is off, also one that turns the clockspeed down to 1.0ghz if the battery goes under 30%.

Where can I find Drod's 1.8 kernel?

gatewayad

Reaction score
How's the 1.8 kernel? What profiles are you using? Thanks in advance.

:icon_eek:

I love it. Ive tried most that are out and this is the only one that I can crank up and it runs like a beast on my phone.

I have a profile to turn the clockspeed to a minimum when the screen is off, also one that turns the clockspeed down to 1.0ghz if the battery goes under 30%.

Where can I find Drod's 1.8 kernel?

Here you go, from Liquid's Thundersense thread
Index of /DL/LTS/KERNELS

Nas

Reaction score
What would you guys recommend over a comavolt kernal?

Sent from my Evil Fascinate, Comavolt oc 1.2 ghz...