1. Scott2373

Scott2373 New Member

Noob here. I don't own a Droid yet, but am going to soon. I'm still completely undecided as to which one to get though. My 3 main choices (all on Verizon) are the Incredible, X and Samsung Fascinate. I plan on using the phone mainly for internet and movies, so I appreciate the large screen sizes of the X and Fascinate, but the Incredible is also very attractive to me because of the reviews I've read. I'm currently with AT&T (AAAAAARRRRRRGGH!) and will be switching over at the end of the month on the 24th. My wife wants a phone that does not require a data package, but has a slide out keyboard because she likes texting and she's used to it since her current phone has the feature. Any help and suggestions with that would also be appreciated! Thanks!
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome! The three phones you mentioned are all very nice devices. I suggest that you visit a VZW store and test drive each. One will jump out at you. Here is a link that may help How to: Pick an Android Phone - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

If you wife does not want a data plan she will have lots of options. Take her with you to the VZW store and she will find one that meets her needs.
  3. Scott2373

Scott2373 New Member

She'll probably be getting the LG Optia since it's the only phone I can find with a slide-out KB that doesn't require a data plan. However a friend of mine who works for VZW told me tonight that they're doing away with the data requirement for feature phones, but isn't sure when.