Howdy

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
Total Noob to the Droid platform. Just got the Bionic and well, since I've had it I'm really not too impressed with it. The phone is great for what it does but I've only had it for a few weeks. First week I woke up and the phone wouldnt even turn on or anything. It was plugged in the entire time. Called Verizon and they said to take out the battery which worked. Went to a local verizon store and they said I had to remove the battery once a week:blink: You serious? ONCE A WEEK???? Also to turn it off every single day (which I can see doing). So I went to another verizon store thinking the last one was feeding me a bunch of crap and guess what they said? You have to remove the battery once a week:blink::blink: REALLY??? Went to a third Verizon and the rep there has a Bionic and never has to remove the battery. Since then I have been losing 3g (dont have 4g here just yet) quite a bit for long periods at a time. I installed a switch to just use 3g which seemed to help for a few days. At least once a day now I lose all service and only have 2-3 regular bars which I can only make calls on. Everyone else around me has 3g except me. Sprint users (around here) using HTC (whatever) never have to remove the battery or lose service. Even today I lost 3g and my wife who has an HTC thru Verizon still had it right next to me.

I am aware of the issues with the Bionic and hopefully the release will fix these issues. I came here to hopefully find out what I can do to make this thing run at its best potential. I have been reading quite a bit on what forums are suggested and have somewhat knowledge on whats going on. Only thing that has me stumped since theres so much great information on this board is which thread to follow on updating the bionic.

So what have you great mods? Which direction do I go with this thing? Thanks and hopefully I can really start to enjoy this thing. Jeff

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Welcome to the forums! :) And we are all, for the most part dealing with the Bionic issues at the moment, myself included. There is however, light at the end of the rainbow. Two patches (First we should see within the next 3 weeks) to address these issues, which you mentioned.

You can also find some more help on our Bionic Dedicated Forum (The link is in my Sig) also by going here on this site: Droid Bionic Tech Support

I think once we get the patchs, and ICS, we will all be very happy. I like my Bionic.

Also, I, and others alike, including tier 2 techs at VZW believe the data issue is due to the towers failing to switch between 3G/4G correctly, which they are working on. So we are looking forward to what the future holds for us :)

Last edited:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and yeah like shadez posted, bug fixes should be coming soon:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!!

Sorry to hear about your frustrations with the bionic, I can imagine it is a bit trying on your patience. Shadez post was pretty informative so I hope that put you at least a little bit at ease.