Howdy y'all :)

Jaybird61176

Reaction score
Just doing what the welcome email suggested and giving a shout-out to everyone. I've had my VZW Droid a855 for six weeks now and love it! Previous phones were xv6700 pc phone, MotoQ, BB Storm, BB StormII. Droid totally rocks and is everything that I envisioned it to be and more. I've been following the progress of Android OS for almost two years and am excited to finally have a Android mobile device in my hands :). Needless to say, I only had it in my hand for ohhhhhh about 36 hours before I successfully rooted it lol. I'm still on 2.0.1 OS, 2.6.29 dirty michael kernel....hope to be running a 2.1 rom shortly by using these forums. I'm a noob to these forums so cut me a break if my questions are a little "simple" to some of you experienced users ;-)

JCo352

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, good to have you here.

OP
Jaybird61176

Jaybird61176

Reaction score
Thanks :) Well after being on here for only a few minutes I read what happened to Sholes and have moved to DroidMod updater and installed DroidMod 164 (1.0). Also I'm following droidmod.org on twitter now. It's been weeks since I was viewing these forums and decided that instead of lurking, I'd just join already :icon_ banana: