Howdy from Crouse NC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by mybigwarwagon, Feb 28, 2010.

1. mybigwarwagon

mybigwarwagon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey yall. I just got a Motorola Droid yesterday and in about 28 hours it already blows my old Palm Pro out of the water. I love the customizable Apps especially AppAlarm Pro that lets me wake up to my Pandora station. I can't wait to get it out on the job this week and see how it holds up to my daily routine.

2. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    depending on how long your day is, you might want to consider buying a spare battery.. or if you do some driving, a car charger will certainly do the trick. ;) thus is the life of a touchscreen phone! other than that, yeah it's pretty fantastic.

yall. (from atlanta, i say it to! ;))

3. BlazinCaucasian

BlazinCaucasian Member

Ratings:
    +0
    :welcome: to the site I am right outside of Charlotte, if you have any questions feel free to ask

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Just wanted to say hello and welcome to our friend from NC. Enjoy your Droid.:)

5. mybigwarwagon

mybigwarwagon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Huuum how long is my workday. Well since I work for myself it can be 2 - 48 hours long. On the Palm 3 batteries wouldn't get me halfway through a day no matter how long it was. I already bought a spare battery and have 5 or 6 car chargers( one in every truck) that will work Most of the time the phone will stay in the truck hooked up to the charger. I have learned that very few phones will stand up to working with scrap metal or the ponderous amounts of sweat I develop during the day. Thursday I spent all day laying under a rusted 1942 International truck torching it to a more
    manageable size. Hard on a phone.

Cool if you see a big red Suburban with White's Scrap Metal on the side towing a huge load of crap on a 30 foot trailer you have just seen me. This 2week we will be aground the airport cleaning up an old farm.

6. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +933
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the Droid.

Great to have you here.

7. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    :welcome:
    crouse is near lincolnton isn't it?? I go to a yearly grappling/JuJitsu tournament there (lincolnton) every year. Pass through every month on the way to the dojo in Charlotte.

8. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the neighborhood, mybigwarwagon! The Droid is a spectacular little piece of tecnology and I still learn something almost every day! Have fun and if you get stuck somewhere, just ask!

9. mybigwarwagon

mybigwarwagon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep it is. I am suprised anyone knows where it is. I am about 5 minutes from Lincolnton.