1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How would I root the newest update ED04?

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate Development' started by powerstrokeit73, Jun 16, 2011.

1. powerstrokeit73

powerstrokeit73 New Member

Just wondering how I can root my fascinate with the newest update verizon just pushed a few days ago without downgrading anything? Any suggestions would be helpful.
  2. Hymizzle

Hymizzle New Member

You can Odin CWM 3.0 found in the development forum. Flash a custom kernel so you wont lose recovery. Go into recovery and flash this from your sd card:

http://www.mediafire.com/?38vozx7n37u02a5

You will be rooted.

Keep me Fascinated
    ED04, UKB v2
    Crysis theme
  3. bhfd64

bhfd64 Nexus Rescue Squad Premium Member

Here is an easy to follow guide for rooting the Fascinate. Same method suggested by Hymizzle, just step by step.
  4. powerstrokeit73

powerstrokeit73 New Member

thanks you guys. got it rooted and still have the newest update. now, may i ask, which rom and/or theme you guys recommend? as far as running smoothly without destroying the battery? and with the theme, what looks sweet?
Search tags for this page

samsung fascinate ed04