How will new RAZR impact the Bionic?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is an Update : Update: This is due to fulfillment issues not for any other reason. Motorola cant keep up with amount of orders that are coming in! Now of course this is only information provided by our local VZW Management. Again we are not starting rumors just relaying information provided You will still be able to order the Bionic if you want it.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
By the way if anyone thinks Verizon will pull the Bionic because of the RAZR they are morons.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
By the way if anyone thinks Verizon will pull the Bionic because of the RAZR they are morons.

I think it would be odd especially all the money the spent promoting the bionic just to remove it less than a month later.

[video=youtube;A-K71MpwCko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-K71MpwCko[/video]

[video=youtube;RVnxUJuRPTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVnxUJuRPTU[/video]

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I would have waited.
I don't care what Samsung and others release; this is Motorola basically obsoleting a Bionic in six weeks from shipping date.
The only gotcha in the removable battery in the Bionic.
I feel a bit chafed.

I feel the same way. I waited since January for this phone; suffered through AT&T service and my crappy pay-as-you go phone because I wanted this Bionic that kept getting delayed. And I was ecstatic that I was able to get this on the first day. And now Moto is coming out with this barely a month later?? Aesthetically, I still prefer my Bionic.. I don't care for the angled shape of the RAZR, but it's faster with a better screen than this Moto phone I JUST bought?? That kinda grinds my gears. I just hope they don't forget the Bionic when they put their new phone out. I bought into a 2 year agreement with this phone. I don't like that they made us wait forever for this just to stick it to us six weeks later.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I feel the same way. I waited since January for this phone; suffered through AT&T service and my crappy pay-as-you go phone because I wanted this Bionic that kept getting delayed. And I was ecstatic that I was able to get this on the first day. And now Moto is coming out with this barely a month later?? Aesthetically, I still prefer my Bionic.. I don't care for the angled shape of the RAZR, but it's faster with a better screen than this Moto phone I JUST bought?? That kinda grinds my gears. I just hope they don't forget the Bionic when they put their new phone out. I bought into a 2 year agreement with this phone. I don't like that they made us wait forever for this just to stick it to us six weeks later.

I wouldnt say it's faster. I watched a video and it's the same. I'm also pretty sure it's the same cpu with a slight bump to 1.2.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score

Im going out on a limb here and saying the extra 200mhz the Razr has probably wont even be that perceptible.. Also, considering this device has nearly identical guts as the Bionic and is running the same software, I bet the user experience will be nearly identical to that of the Bionic. The only thing this really offers is a thinner form factor and better screen. Granted, those are two huge features on a cell phone, but I dont think this device blows the Bionic out of the water or somehow makes it obselete.

Given the choice, would I rather have had this device? Yes. Does this device make me hate the Bionic or think it's subpar? No at all.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
This wouldn't be the first time Moto had phones on vzw with identical specs.

Last year the Pro, X, and D2 had identical hardware but different designs. X was all touch with larger screen, D2 had the keyboard and moderate screen, and Pro was for the BB folks.

The Bionic and Razr though (to me) are way to similar. There are a few bumps here and there and build quality on the razr is breathtaking. If my OG wasn't driving me insane I most likely would have gone Razr. To me anyways the small differences are enough for someone looking to go Razr.

Though, I'm interested to hear why people would pick the Bionic over Razr.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Moto hasnt even sent out the "fix" update for the Bionic yet. Now they will have to fix the Bionic and the Razr as I'm sure that thing will be loaded with similar bugs. Then all of the day one buyers/beta testers will be on here ranting! I only hope that the Razr gets the same ridiculous trolling that we enjoyed here in the Bionic section. Man, that was unreal and maddening!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
My bet is that the RAZR will get more complaints. I can't wait to hear about the first person to throw it against the wall because they cant do a battery pull and it's locked up.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Moto hasnt even sent out the "fix" update for the Bionic yet. Now they will have to fix the Bionic and the Razr as I'm sure that thing will be loaded with similar bugs. Then all of the day one buyers/beta testers will be on here ranting! I only hope that the Razr gets the same ridiculous trolling that we enjoyed here in the Bionic section. Man, that was unreal and maddening!

I also thought about the radio issue from the Bionic plaguing the Razr.

But, it is possible that the issue was fixed already for the Razr. Since verizon needs to testing and what not Motorola has to send them a version of software and hardware. Usually like a few months before release.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I only hope that the Razr gets the same ridiculous trolling that we enjoyed here in the Bionic section. Man, that was unreal and maddening!

I suspect that it's respect for Steve Jobs. Now that he's dead, how often do we see a phone referred to as an "iPhone killer?" I've even seen Bionic defenders referred to as fanboys. :biggrin:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I suspect that it's respect for Steve Jobs. Now that he's dead, how often do we see a phone referred to as an "iPhone killer?" I've even seen Bionic defenders referred to as fanboys. :biggrin:

The term iPhone killer is so over done. I'm glad it's dead.

Honestly, it was used WHENEVER a phone came out. The LG Dare and Samsung Instinct was considered iPhone killers. Hell Samsung had a crazy ad campaign for the Instinct, and neither of those phones were smart phones.

In the end, I figure as long as we can hold our own in a phone debate it's all good.:icon_ lala:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I just watched a couple more vids on the Razr and the camera opens and closes much faster. I'll be looking for that .apk!