How will new RAZR impact the Bionic?

gmorgan056

Reaction score
Out of curiosity are those having Bionic issues using rooted devices? I'm unrooted (albeit new) and haven't had a single issue with my Bionic that wasn't a 'user error'. I'm not very tech savvy or maybe I got lucky but I'm so confused by all the negative thoughts on the Bionic? Seems like the best available option right now...and with smartphones being ever-evolving there will always be a decrease in value over time (except the iphone which holds itself from status more than anything else I think). It's silly to compare a phone that's already out there to one yet to be released...but that's my thoughts. If you want the 'perfect phone' you could be waiting forever since there's always something newer in the works.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
You are absolutey right, there is always something in the works. But I think the issue here is that Moto is kind of sticking it to us. I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread, it's not as if it's Samsung or HTC is releasing this phone, it's Moto, 6 weeks after the Bionic. 6 Months ago they announced the Bionic, next best phone, then made us wait and wait. For what? For it to come out, then to release another phone right after that? I love my Bionic, but as a customer I feel kind of betrayed. But I think that's the feeling right now. At least mine.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just like with the Bionic, you can hold Volume Up/Volume Down/Power to do a hard reset.
The non-removable battery has worked for Apple. ;)

Not wanting to change the thread, but what do you do if all you need is a battery pull and not a reset?

I have an iPod and it froze. I took to an Apple store where the helpful clerk showed me how to press the buttons so it rebooted. Cool, but just pulling the battery would've taken care of it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You are absolutey right, there is always something in the works. But I think the issue here is that Moto is kind of sticking it to us. I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread, it's not as if it's Samsung or HTC is releasing this phone, it's Moto, 6 weeks after the Bionic. 6 Months ago they announced the Bionic, next best phone, then made us wait and wait. For what? For it to come out, then to release another phone right after that? I love my Bionic, but as a customer I feel kind of betrayed. But I think that's the feeling right now. At least mine.

Bionic users have a right to feel that way. Motorola should atleast unlock the bootloader for you guys ...what difference will it make the phone will be obsolete in a few weeks. Unlocking the bootloader will soften the blow in my opinion.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Bionic users have a right to feel that way. Motorola should atleast unlock the bootloader for you guys ...what difference will it make the phone will be obsolete in a few weeks. Unlocking the bootloader will soften the blow in my opinion.

But but... the Bionic is so much thicker! Who cares!! :p

illmatic636

Reaction score
Here it is, I figured it out!

Women do not want to hold the Bionic, they would feel much sexier if was shaped as the Razr.

Bionic appeals to the men who want a sold feel to a phone and The Razr appeal to the ladies who want that thin sexy look.

I doubt Moto is dis'ing the Bionic. Had they wanted to disrespect Bionic users, they would have put a quad core in the Razr.
But it sure fun to talk about.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here it is, I figured it out!

Women do not want to hold the Bionic, they would feel much sexier if was shaped as the Razr.

Bionic appeals to the men who want a sold feel to a phone and The Razr appeal to the ladies who want that thin sexy look.

I doubt Moto is dis'ing the Bionic. Had they wanted to disrespect Bionic users, they would have put a quad core in the Razr.
But it sure fun to talk about.

Yup and the ladies get the better display while the dude gets stuck with the pen-Tile screen. Awesome, if you are a lady.

illmatic636

Reaction score
by the looks of it, the only way that phone will survive is to be tucked in a purse.

Last edited by a moderator:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to see how much stuff they are putting out there that isn't a big deal. Kevlar back? Why? It won't stop a bullet so why put it there - it's thin and probably just there to say hey it's got Kevlar.

Non removable battery? No WAY. I had the OG Droid for two years - you HAVE to be able to remove the battery with the Android system. The IPhone is locked up the way it is so you don't run into problems that need a battery pull - android needs the option.

The Amoled Screen I couldn't care less about - I like the Pentile and the battery savings.

So basically you have a phone that is EXACTLY the same as the bionic without a removable back, without the option for an extended battery and a screen that will eat the existing battery faster.

All you are getting is thin. If I cared about thin I wouldn't have the extended battery.

FAIL.

cjsmoove

Reaction score
Out of curiosity are those having Bionic issues using rooted devices? I'm unrooted (albeit new) and haven't had a single issue with my Bionic that wasn't a 'user error'. I'm not very tech savvy or maybe I got lucky but I'm so confused by all the negative thoughts on the Bionic? Seems like the best available option right now...and with smartphones being ever-evolving there will always be a decrease in value over time (except the iphone which holds itself from status more than anything else I think). It's silly to compare a phone that's already out there to one yet to be released...but that's my thoughts. If you want the 'perfect phone' you could be waiting forever since there's always something newer in the works.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Unrooted...kicking ass and taking names.

As I said before...the Bionic will be a good phone for the lenght of a contract, although with shortcomings which most will be addressed with the update and even totally gone with ICS, It will stand in the Top 5. About the only thing you'll be getting with the new Razor is thinner, due to a non-removable battery, and a slightly better screen which is minor for most... and with any 4G LTE phone coming out for the remainder of the year and then some they ALL will have battery shortrcomings.

yiannis

Reaction score
Better screen for RAZR is welcome, non-removable battery is a deal breaker. Welcome to 4 hr charging circles. Glad I didn't wait for this!