How will new RAZR impact the Bionic?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
No way I'd go through the hassle of selling my B and buying this phone. The differences are MEH. Now something with a 4.6 inch screen and ICS.. Maybe :D

ConqSoft

Reaction score
[/COLOR]

Here we go...How so???

What I'm saying is, the RAZR has improved *everything* over the Bionic. Some people like to be able to replace the battery in their device, so that *could*, by some people, be called something negative on the RAZR since it has a built in battery that can't be removed. But other than that, it has everything the Bionic has, or better.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not true. Battery life will stink due to the screen and just wait until it locks up with no battery pull.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ConqSoft

Reaction score
They claim 9 hours of video playback. And 12 hours of 3g talk time.

And just like the Bionic, I'm sure you can hold down Volume Up/Volume Down/Power to do a hard reset when it locks up.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would have waited.
I don't care what Samsung and others release; this is Motorola basically obsoleting a Bionic in six weeks from shipping date.
The only gotcha in the removable battery in the Bionic.
I feel a bit chafed.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not true. Battery life will stink due to the screen and just wait until it locks up with no battery pull.

And the Bionic's screen is subpar but gives it better battery. Pick your poison. If Motorola software was any good, I wouldn't have a problem with the battery. My ipod touch was jailbroken and abused and it only froze once in the 4.5-5 years I have owned it.

Boot Manager

knightshade

Reaction score
What I'm saying is, the RAZR has improved *everything* over the Bionic. Some people like to be able to replace the battery in their device, so that *could*, by some people, be called something negative on the RAZR since it has a built in battery that can't be removed. But other than that, it has everything the Bionic has, or better.

Actually - removable battery has always been something that I consider a must have with a droid, as I have been able to kill two in a day (without access to power in the meanwhile).

This is a serious black mark in my book, and might be the deciding factor to push me to the Nexus (assuming it's battery is replaceable)...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
U mad bro?

J/K. The difference is that the OG Droid was the undisputed king of all android phones probably until the Incredible came out months later. Bionic was the undisputed king for about 2 months, and Motorola is the one replacing it. This isn't competition from an outside company like Samsung, this is Moto putting out a superior phone and basically stepping on the Bionic. Clearly what happened is that the Bionic was delayed, but Moto kept working on other phones and decided not to delay them just so the Bionic could be 'king' for a little longer. If the Bionic had been released when it was supposed to, it could have enjoyed a good reign. As it is, it has become an afterthought and it's only a month old. Would anyone in the market for a phone today buy the Bionic? Most will wait for the Razr or Galaxy N.

Not mad and am happy with my Bionic. Yes, if I hadn't gotten it maybe I'd get the Prime, but it's not a big deal for me. Besides, my OG Droid was UNROOTED so as long as the apps I have on the Bionic run, it's cool.

To be honest; if I had a phone I need vs a phone I want, I'd still have the Moto e815. :biggrin:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Actually - removable battery has always been something that I consider a must have with a droid, as I have been able to kill two in a day (without access to power in the meanwhile).

This is a serious black mark in my book, and might be the deciding factor to push me to the Nexus (assuming it's battery is replaceable)...

Yep! Caught in a bootloop while modding? Too bad you cant pull the battery?!?! No way.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use mine daily (when it's not BSODing or rebooting on its own) also. But, the RAZR trumps it in every way, other than having a battery that can be removed.

Which, given the battery life (real world; not claimed) of these LTE devices might just prove to be a total dealbreaker to many folks. With the Bionic, there is the extended battery option. With the RAZR, your only option will be a battery case, if one is released.

EDIT: An Android device with a non-removable battery? YIKES!!!! Hope it has a reset button.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Just like with the Bionic, you can hold Volume Up/Volume Down/Power to do a hard reset.

Moto claims 12 hours of 3g talk time and 9 hours of video playback. Yet to be seen how that translates into real world usage.

The non-removable battery has worked for Apple. ;)

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just like with the Bionic, you can hold Volume Up/Volume Down/Power to do a hard reset.

Moto claims 12 hours of 3g talk time and 9 hours of video playback. Yet to be seen how that translates into real world usage.

The non-removable battery has worked for Apple. ;)

Yes, and notice how Apple STILL isn't using an LTE chipset? That's because one doesn't exist that is a good fit for the non-removable battery that they insist on using.

As for the "3 button salute" - thanks, didn't know you could do that. But does that even work if the device is hardlocked to the point where it doesn't respond to button presses? It's still sending a software command, something has to be listening to respond.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
9 hours of video playback is not possible on any phone.

BionicKate

Reaction score
Out of curiosity are those having Bionic issues using rooted devices? I'm unrooted (albeit new) and haven't had a single issue with my Bionic that wasn't a 'user error'. I'm not very tech savvy or maybe I got lucky but I'm so confused by all the negative thoughts on the Bionic? Seems like the best available option right now...and with smartphones being ever-evolving there will always be a decrease in value over time (except the iphone which holds itself from status more than anything else I think). It's silly to compare a phone that's already out there to one yet to be released...but that's my thoughts. If you want the 'perfect phone' you could be waiting forever since there's always something newer in the works.