How will new RAZR impact the Bionic?

Zregnier

Reaction score
Looks to have that "wow" factor and should attract some potential iPhone buyers. I bet it tops the Bionic's gross sales within a month. Sure appears to be a beast, but I'm not sold on the battery life. If it becomes a huge success do you think the Bionic will be overlooked and lose many devs to it?

chanerade

Reaction score
All the specs are almost identical tho? It looks thinner and honestly thats about it. Thats the problem with buying a phone today..in 2 months a newer, better phone will always be out..i love my bionic..it does everything i ask of it and more. And once liberty and CM7 come? Oh Lordy! Haha

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ice456789

Reaction score
What Moto is saying to all the customers who bought the Bionic: "U mad bro?"

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was the OG Droid forgotten when other phones came out? I'd say the Bionic won't be forgotten in the near future. A year down the road we can see.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Comparing the Bionic to the original Droid is laughable. The Bionic may as well have not been released at all at this point. It's a pointless device now.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Comparing the Bionic to the original Droid is laughable. The Bionic may as well have not been released at all at this point. It's a pointless device now.

Not the many of us who use it daily and love it and have the patience for them to make it better.. :)

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Not the many of us who use it daily and love it and have the patience for them to make it better.. :)

I use mine daily (when it's not BSODing or rebooting on its own) also. But, the RAZR trumps it in every way, other than having a battery that can be removed.

ice456789

Reaction score
Was the OG Droid forgotten when other phones came out? I'd say the Bionic won't be forgotten in the near future. A year down the road we can see.
U mad bro?

J/K. The difference is that the OG Droid was the undisputed king of all android phones probably until the Incredible came out months later. Bionic was the undisputed king for about 2 months, and Motorola is the one replacing it. This isn't competition from an outside company like Samsung, this is Moto putting out a superior phone and basically stepping on the Bionic. Clearly what happened is that the Bionic was delayed, but Moto kept working on other phones and decided not to delay them just so the Bionic could be 'king' for a little longer. If the Bionic had been released when it was supposed to, it could have enjoyed a good reign. As it is, it has become an afterthought and it's only a month old. Would anyone in the market for a phone today buy the Bionic? Most will wait for the Razr or Galaxy N.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I use mine daily (when it's not BSODing or rebooting on its own) also. But, the RAZR trumps it in every way, other than having a battery that can be removed.

You must have a bad bionic, sure I have the data issues and missing apps issue but never had a reboot or screen go black and notice no pixelation, like I said in another thread, I have OCD, and I would have returned it immediately if I saw any flaws or things that wouldn't be fixed.

Last edited:

ConqSoft

Reaction score
The BSOD and rebooting is a big issue, and it's not just a bad phone. There's a VERY long thread on Moto's support forum about it. If there are that many "bad phones" out there, then that even puts a worse light on Motorola....

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
The BSOD and rebooting is a big issue, and it's not just a bad phone. There's a VERY long thread on Moto's support forum about it. If there are that many "bad phones" out there, then that even puts a worse light on Motorola....

I'm not doubting you one bit.. seems as tho some were either made or shipped differently and some were damaged. Whatever the case, there are many with and without the issues. Let's just hope the update makes everything alright :)

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
IMO only.. i think the bionic will loose value and dev support .. not as quick as my tbolt but fairly rapidly