How Verizon reduces traffic to "My Verizon" accounts

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Every time I try to sign in to "My Verizon", I get the following message:
We are experiencing very high traffic levels due to unprecedented demand for our products and services.
Then I immediately sign in again, and go right to my account.
This is consistent, whether signing in at 5 a.m. (EDT), middle of the day, or late at night. The first log in attempt, I get the high traffic warning,
then an immediate second log in and I go right to my account.
I'm convinced that this is intentional to reduce traffic to their computers.
If you run in to this high traffic warning message, ignore it and log in again.

MaelstromOC

Reaction score
I haven't been able to see how many minutes are left on my prepaid plan for the last few weeks and it's starting to piss me off. Even the app in the store states that they're sorry, but they can't display prepaid account information at this time... EVERYTIME. Even logging in to the website, my account page doesn't show any minutes anywhere, yet I can still see all of my usage if I check out the call list.

MaelstromOC

Reaction score
Yes, my calls show in the log online, what I'm saying is that on the "Overview" page over on the left, it shows your minutes and data usage left (usually). But here for the last few weeks, it's just blank, so I have no clue how many minutes I have left. I've started relying on a phone usage app to keep up with it, but that's a little difficult because of "free" nights and weekends usage.

This is what I'm talking about:
VW.jpg

Last edited:

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh OK I've been having issues with Verizon site lately too. Takes forever to load but eventually succeeds.

gsdreams

Reaction score
I haven't experienced any issues personally, but I know there were some issues recently with verizon. The High traffic I have never seen, except when the iphone came out.