How To....

Discussion in 'Drod2169 - X' started by Clownzer, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Clownzer

Clownzer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Guys,

Once rooted, is there a step by step method on how to install the latest ROM and which one should be used? I just rooted my phone and would like to take the right steps.

Thanks

Clownzer

2. digitalslacker

Ratings:
    +0
    Assuming you are using a Droid X

1. You need to get Bootstrapper, this is the solution to get round the locked bootloader on the DX
    2. Then get rom manager which will let you try a few different roms out there.
    3. make a backup of your current rom every time....
    4. try a few roms through rom manager

once you find one you like find the dev's site and follow their instructions for install.
    rom manager makes it easy but you really should do your homework and learn how clockwork recovery works and follow the advice of the dev

i love rubiX and i have tried most of them

3. Clownzer

Clownzer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DigitalSlacker,

Thanks for this information, yep I am using a Droid X and still trying to get it rooted first. Tried a few different one click solutions and playing with them still.

I want to try Rubix once I get to that point, which bootstrapper should I look at?

Thanks again

4. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +741
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel XL
    Its on the Market. Just called DroidX Bootstrap. Rubix is awesome. I love it. Download this on your DroidX to root it easily: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/114466/z4root.1.3.0.apk

After that, there are plenty of posts on how to put Rubix 1.9.0 (assuming you are using the newest .340 OTA patch from Verizon) on your phone. Bootstrap your recovery with the DroidX Bootstrap app (it is paid, but needed nad worth it), reboot into recovery. Clear your data and cache and then choose "install zip from SD Card, choose zip and use the Rubix file you downloaded to your SD card. There are much better instructions in the threads from Drod2169 where he posted the ROM.

5. Clownzer

Clownzer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

Thanks so much yall have been a tremendous amount of help and I hope this can help other newbz like me. I have root now and Droid X Bootstrap loaded (currently backing up my phone and purchased from the market!) and will load Rubix soon.

Thanks again!

6. digitalslacker

Ratings:
    +0
    No problem. rubiX has a great support community. I know I only started here about a month and a half ago but have learned a whole lot.