how to watch videos

x forl ife

Reaction score
hello all im new to this i am trying to figer out how i can 1 get my videos and pics on to my pc and 2. how can i watch the videos so i can send them to people and put themon facebook someone told me i need a video converter is this on the phone or pc please help thanks

joeybarclay

Reaction score
plug ur phone into your computer using the usb. pull down the notification bar and click mount then you will be able to find the files stored on your phone. You do not need to convert them for your pc to play them

OP
X

x forl ife

Reaction score
i tryed this when i connect the usb all it says is pc mode, usb mass storge , charge only and windows media sync now when i go into my sd card it says to unmount like it is there but when i hook up the usb sometimes it says no sd card in phone and when i look at the sd card it says install sd card and when i unplog the usb the top says preparing sd card

OP
X

x forl ife

Reaction score
also i was able to get my pics and videos in a folder on my pc pics are fine but the little blocks where a video would be have nada just like a widows pic in place of it

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Try this:

On your phone 1st...Plug in your USB cable...pull down the notification bar...tap USB....select Mass Storage for USB Mode.

On your PC 2nd....My Computer...Droid X or whatever your droid shows up as ie; E:, F:, G:...navigate to the folder where your Pictures and Videos are on the SD Card. Right Click and select COPY....navigate to a folder on your computer where you want to store the files...Right Click PASTE. All files from the Droid X are normal files and should be readily openable with Windows programs.

Reverse this procedure if you want to go from your PC to your Droid X. You can also do this same thing by setting USB Mode to PC Mode.

JWDX

Reaction score
The video files seem to be a .3gp type. My computer can't play those.
Does this seem right or am I trying to use the wrong files?
Thanks.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Thanks.

What kind of computer do you have, all the computers i know can play that type of file?

JWDX

Reaction score
Thanks.

What kind of computer do you have, all the computers i know can play that type of file?

Company computer running WXP. But I did some checking online and it seems like RealPlayer will run it. But I'll have to wait until I get home because my company does not allow that on their computers without special permission, and they don't give us admin rights to download programs.
So I should be able to play them on my home computer.
I had not seen that extension for a video file before, I guess because it seems like it's for a mobile phone.
But is this the video file that is in HD?

Thanks.

BodyBagz

Reaction score

JWDX

Reaction score
Thanks.
That file type is native to Quicktime Media Player from Apple. If you dont have QT installed, you will have to go here to --->[URL="http://www.droidforums.net/forum/Apple%20Quicktime"] http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
[/URL]
I didn't know it was a QT file. I have QT on my work computer, but since it didn't work, I did an update and now it works fine.
Thanks for the info.