how to use TB pro?

93fuelslut

Reaction score
on my 1st droid 4 i had a TB saved onto my sdcard..well when i got my new droid 4, i rooted it then, and made a TB..well how do i restore a couple apps from the back up i made on my 1st droid 4?

MattCHowell

Reaction score
If u didn't have it set to sdcard-ext then I regret to say its gonna be a no go

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
How do u set it to SD ext?
Just switch my settings to SD ext and restore the couple of apps?

MattCHowell

Reaction score
U would have had to change ur backup directory on ur first Droid 4 to sdcard-ext/titaniumbackup to make it save there instead of ur internal. If u still have ur first one you can do it now. U just have to change ur directory and redo all the backups. Make sense? I'm horrible at descriptions, but I'm trying.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
yea man i got it...thanks..
il just take this sd card out of my 2nd d4 and put it back in my 1st d4 and go to tb and change the settings to ext..
but now if i have 2 back ups on my sd card, can i restore either one i want?
thanks

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Where do I go to change the setting BTW?
Settings....preference .....check 1st box ?

MattCHowell

Reaction score
Press menu, preferences, under backup settings press backup folder and then it'll bring up ur current folder. Should have to press back twice to get to /mnt then press sdcard-ext and then create new folder. I just named mine TitaniumBackup just like the app does on its own in internal storage. After that u have to redo the backups on ur own. It gives the option to do it for u but it doesn't actually work. Then the backups will actually be on ur removable media.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
awesome thanks...
i wish i could just use astro to move the tb file to internal with out having to switch phones..

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
ugh oh, what if i put the tb back up from my 1st d4 and moved it to my sd card which is now in my 2nd d4?
can i put the sd card back in my 1st d4 and move the backup file to the internal storage and still work?

doniago

Reaction score
When I moved from a DX to a RM I was able to get TiBu to recognize my old backups through Menu->Preferences->Backup Folder Location->Detect.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
When I moved from a DX to a RM I was able to get TiBu to recognize my old backups through Menu->Preferences->Backup Folder Location->Detect.
ok, im there..what do i do now?..it wont let me restore or do anything at that point..only options i really have is cancel or "use current folder"

MattCHowell

Reaction score
Not gonna work if ur backup isn't on ur external...u saved to the internal on ur old one...its not gonna find anything. I gave u exact simple steps. It doesn't take long to redo backups for a few apps as u say

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
ok on my 2nd d4 i changed the directery for it to pick up my sd card..i restored the game but theres only the app and not the data..

then i restored another app..that app just says error all day, when the app on my 1st d4 works like a charm