How to use system dump of D3 on D2

Reaction score
Just downloaded the full D3 system dump and i'm not really sure how to use or incorporate it onto my D2.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

rusty815

Reaction score
You can't, they both have totally different hardware.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

pressguy27

Reaction score
The only thing you could probably do is use root explore, unzip amd try pulling out different app or whatever else you want and try to put it on your phone

Sent from my Droid2 using CM7

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's what i did. I pulled the boot animation, ringtones and alerts, wallpapers, framework-res. Its all in there :!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The only thing you could probably do is use root explore, unzip amd try pulling out different app or whatever else you want and try to put it on your phone

Yea. A system dump doesn't necessarily mean you can easily port it to your droid 2 and make it a droid 3. Internally, they are different devices. So the droid 3 system dump is made for those hardware specs

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

pressguy27

Reaction score
[/quote]

Yea. A system dump doesn't necessarily mean you can easily port it to your droid 2 and make it a droid 3. Internally, they are different devices. So the droid 3 system dump is made for those hardware specs

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums[/QUOTE]

Yeah I understand that. I was meaning more along the lines as sounds, ringtones, ect., maybe some apps

americanz

Reaction score
Where does one get such a thing

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Ooh well in that case you need to simply open up the folder and pull the files you want from it.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The ringtones and alerts are pretty much (if not exactly) the same as the soundmod zip posted by mobile sensei. Just flash it in cw. I'm using the boot animation now (its nice). Just get it from /media and put it in data/local. If you want any apps, just go to /apps and install whatever you want (unless it has a paired dot odex file)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

americanz

Reaction score
The ringtones and alerts are pretty much (if not exactly) the same as the soundmod zip posted by mobile sensei. Just flash it in cw. I'm using the boot animation now (its nice). Just get it from /media and put it in data/local. If you want any apps, just go to /apps and install whatever you want (unless it has a paired dot odex file)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

so if it has a paired .odex file then what?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure. I'm sure there's a way to install those, but i found that they don't install. Nothing special there anyway.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

americanz

Reaction score
you cant just copy and paste then to the d2? and replace your files? so basicly its useless? you cant take any apps? i got the ringtones. mostly same as d2, wallpapers i had from the leak. so what good is all this lol. the boot animation is cool but thats about all i have found useful

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats about it, Unless you're a dev looking to tweak or port stuff. What apps did you want? There's nothing special or new there. The only one i found was at the bottom. I forget the name (it starts with a z.) You can install that one no problem, but it's a media share type app, where you can play music and movies from your phone on other devices

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

americanz

Reaction score
Lol idk but I was hoping to get something new and cool

Sent from my D2 on GB