[HOW-TO] Use Safestrap (backup and flash) (WIP)

OP
guidot

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need to root and install busybox before you can flash safestrap.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DKDroid3

Reaction score
You need to root and install busybox before you can flash safestrap.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Guidot, I did realize that after I posted. I had to use the motofail root method with my sys version being 5.7.906.

Now if I can just get my tethering to work, after doing the radio hack again to this new phone it will connect but the browser cannnot navigate, any ideas??

will17721

Reaction score
so ive tried to flash several roms onto my phone but none of them work. i enabled safe mode and did the steps as stated on the first page properly and i rebooted. once rebooted i didnt touch it. and it wouldnt move from a black screen that u could tell was on. can someone please help me with this. i really dont want my stock rom and i want to play around with different roms on my d3. sys version. 5.6.890 xt862 and yes i am rooted.please help

Saeeid

Reaction score
Needs a little Help !

Hi !!

im not a noob ... in Android ...

recently due to Battery . i got Motorola Razr MAXX ( GSM ) !! for the huge battery life

my phone is on GB 2.3.6

i would like to Upgrade it to 4.0.4 or 4.1

i did all the Steps as u said in your post.

after Completing the installation of ROM .. ( .zip) file...
i do a Reboot and the Screen goes black.. and nothing happen... even i wait for 1 hour.. :(( haha ::)) nothing happend !

finnaly i realize that the ROMz i have downloaded from ( Droid Razr Root! ) was for "Verizon" ...

i have searched a lot !

somewhere i read about a program that could Convert those ROMz to GSM !!

but i couldnt find the specific APK file :(

aaah/// the last thing i need any kind of program that could convert these ROMz to GSM version !

OR

where can i find the Cooked GSM Romz !

your consideration is Highly Appreaciated !!

will17721

Reaction score
So i have a huge problem. I've rooted my D3, Installed safestrap 3.05, and everytime i create a rom slot it reboots or just plain out shuts off, and this also happens when i try to install a new rom. Someone please help fast!

will17721

Reaction score
Ive been having this issue for a while. ive just rerooted my D3, installed busybox and safestrap 3.05 and every time i create a new rom slot it reboots my device and does nothing. i can never boot from the rom slot even after installing a new rom. it just goes to nonsafe mode. someone please help me. i hate gb and i want ics or jb again.

will17721

Reaction score
HELP!!!! having problems creating any new rom slot. everytime i do it reboots after halfway done!!! help me please!!!!