How to use profiles in Simply Stunning?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by FeedMeAStrayCat, Apr 24, 2011.

1. FeedMeAStrayCat

FeedMeAStrayCat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Howdy Ya'll

First I want to say that the new Simply Stunning is awesomely fast! Also the animations and transitions are fantastic. Just want to send my thanks to Chevy and everyone else involved.

That being said, I am having an issue understanding how profiles work. I mean I get how you can switch profiles and this changes how the phone notifies you for different categories of apps (Phone, SMS etc.)

So here are my questions,

1- Whats the difference between notification mode and ring mode? How does this effect items like SMS? For example, what happens if you have SMS set to Yes for Notification Mode and No for Ring Mode.

2- What does the "No Override" setting do?

Thanks for any and all of your help.

2. AndyMcDroid

AndyMcDroid Member

Ratings:
    +2
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe:

Ring Mode would likely only apply to the phone app. Notification Mode would apply app that generates notifications.

"No Override" allows notifications and ringing to proceed as configured in the individual apps or in your Android settings. On/Off will force/suppress notifications, ringing and vibration, regardless of the settings in individual apps or your Android settings.

For me, a setting of On tends to cause all sorts of unexpected sounds and/or vibrations, even when there's no apparent notifications being produced.

3. FeedMeAStrayCat

FeedMeAStrayCat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help.

Search tags for this page

android no override

android profiles no override

android ring mode no override