1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to update to latest nightly build without using OTA System updates?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by vtrandal, Sep 19, 2012.

1. vtrandal

vtrandal New Member

I see System updates is not present in the About phone Settings menu. So then are OTA System updates not supported?

I flashed Bugless Beast 4.1.1 to my phone. Now there is a new nightly build. What's a good way to update to that without losing data?

I have ClockworkMod-Recovery-v5.5.0.2 installed which can do Nandroid backups. Should I use that to make a backup and restore it after flashing the latest nightly build?
  2. vtrandal

vtrandal New Member

The update from the previous nightly build to the latest went very smoothly.

I made a Nandroid backup using ClockworkMod recovery and then applied the update. And that's all I did.

My phone booted up just like it had received an OTA update. Very slick. All my apps and data were still there.

I'm not sure if I needed to do the Nandroid backup but from here on out I will do it for good luck :)
  3. vtrandal

vtrandal New Member

[solved]

[Solved] see first reply
Search tags for this page

ota update not supported

update to nightly build without losing settings