How to update to ICS?

VTNomad

Reaction score
So I've tried Menu -> Settings -> About Phone -> Check for system updates, and got nowhere?

How do I get ICS now?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Did it say your system is up to date, or did it start downloaded and once finished nothing happened? Someone mentioned it downloaded but didn't install until he powered down and turned on the phone.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Maybe it's not being pushed to everyone at the same time, it could be spread out over the next few hours or days.

As far as I know not many people got it, they were in Texas, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania. Just because you're in those states doesn't mean you'll get it today, it seems random so far. I remember Razr owners got it at night which would make sense since network useage is lower at night so having the OTA pushed at that time won't hinder network performance. FYI, it's pushed via the network, not wifi AFAIK.

Last edited:

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
No one has received .217 that was not signed up for the soak test. Am I wrong?

cdipier2

Reaction score
Hasn't come to my D4 yet either. I'm hoping it will come tonight

AceDROID

Reaction score
My girlfriends droid 4 was forced the update about 1230 today. She has nothing to do with soak tests, nor does she know anything about hacking/modding or anything other than what I tell her lol. In massachusetts btw

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

concepttheman

Reaction score
Ok let me know if this works. Remeber no safestrap. Go the that app and uninstall. Have alllllll stock apps.
Put these two files n cache. U won't loose anypics or messages.
4shared - My 4shared - shared folder - free file sharing and storage

Then hit system updates. If that don't work put files there then rebot.Let me know results

Aloth600

Reaction score
I got the update this morning but it kept failing.. i flashed back to 100% stock and now it says i am up to date. what gives? in colorado

Kabilos

Reaction score
I did not sign up for the soak test and neither did my co worker who bought his phone at the same time that I did (benefits of working next to a VZW), when I got the update I was just sitting here and saw it pop up. He did not get his, I told him to turn his radio off and back on (Airplane mode) and reboot his phone with power in. As soon as his power came back on and he connected with the network, he got the notification.

ryex

Reaction score
Ok let me know if this works. Remeber no safestrap. Go the that app and uninstall. Have alllllll stock apps.

Then hit system updates. If that don't work put files there then rebot.Let me know results
Is there another system update, because when I hit system update it goes to a screen and says I need to set up an account, then never loads...

Stoneddave

Reaction score

You sir, are awesome. I didn't manage to get it working the way you said to install it but what I did was SBF my phone back to stock, rooted it, updated superuser binaries, then temp unrooted with voodoo. Then I copied those two files onto my sdcard-ext, this method won't work if you use the internal memory. Then just booted into the bootloader, then into the stock android recovery, and went to install zip and directed it to the correct file, and all went off without a hitch. It took a bit but now I have ICS on my phone, restored root with voodoo and I am all set, when all it was doing before was saying I was up to date. So for those who want the OTA ICS now and don't wanna wait for the push, that is how you can do it.