How to update to 9.905 since system update doesnt work

I

iTz_I3urn

How to i update since the system update check says its current when its not

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused, are you saying that when you check it's saying that it's up to date or that the check for update isn't available at this time? The title implies the latter, while your statement implies the former.

You can install it manually. The file is at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...e-pulled-cheesecake-server-your-pleasure.html

AFAIK, the only ones who have gotten it OTA is either the soak testers and a random few. Don't forget, when you check for updates, you are sending a signal to the carrier. The carrier checks your version and IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number and if you're scheduled to receive it, you'll see a message saying so. This means that if you're scheduled to get an update on June 19th at 3:47am, your phone will say that it's "Up to date" even though others have been getting the update since June 14th (not an official date, just an example).

Last edited:

nobreak1970

Reaction score
Honestly I'd wait. It has not been made available officially to the general public yet despite what you've read and/or heard.
The .905 floating around that was leaked has a different baseband version in it...so as far as I am concerned it's not worth flashing.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly I'd wait. It has not been made available officially to the general public yet despite what you've read and/or heard.
The .905 floating around that was leaked has a different baseband version in it...so as far as I am concerned it's not worth flashing.

Please don't spread false information. The 5.9.905 that I Cheesecaked and leaked a few weeks ago has an identical baseband as the one which soak tested.

CDMA_N_04.07.02R LTEDC_U_07.1F.00

Like I said, I am the one who found it originally on Cheesecake and leaked it, I was also a member of the soak test. So I have experience with BOTH methods of installation.

If the baseband changed, it wouldn't be 5.9.905 anymore.

EDIT: And they haven't pulled the trigger on the OTA yet because they have received a lot of feedback and are still sifting through it.

Last edited:

Tonik

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
And they haven't pulled the trigger on the OTA yet because they have received a lot of feedback and are still sifting through it.

Thank you for that info.

OP
I

iTz_I3urn

Dave12308 said:
Please don't spread false information. The 5.9.905 that I Cheesecaked and leaked a few weeks ago has an identical baseband as the one which soak tested.

Like I said, I am the one who found it originally on Cheesecake and leaked it, I was also a member of the soak test. So I have experience with BOTH methods of installation.

EDIT: And they haven't pulled the trigger on the OTA yet because they have received a lot of feedback and are still sifting through it.

Hey what does the update do to help me out? Does it make me connect to 4g from a further distance?

nobreak1970

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:

My bad. Apologies.

nobreak1970

Reaction score
I CAN state with absolute truth is that .905 sucks big time. I pray it is not released. I base this off of my own testing. Data drops are horrendous.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
My bad. Apologies.

No harm done my friend. I just happened to FXZ back to .902 between my leaking .905 and the soak test, so I ended up running it both ways. I compared my notes and the basebands were identical. I just didn't want a whole mass of people who installed the leak thinking they were running something different than the soak test build. To be honest, I did see a rumor going around about the baseband being different. I also read some reports that the installation failed for some people after the reboot to install the baseband code. So I suspect that someone with an update that didn't apply fully was the one to report a different baseband version - which makes sense, if the baseband failed to flash the device would still be running the one from .902

I CAN state with absolute truth is that .905 sucks big time. I pray it is not released. I base this off of my own testing. Data drops are horrendous.

To be fair, I think Moto picked a bad time to release/soak test/whatever .905 - Verizon is in the process of adding LTE markets, and every time they do so data gets flaky for awhile. It's a trickle down effect, they work on one part of the network and it effects the entire thing. For me, .905 has been BETTER - in the past, i've had times when my device would tell me I had a connection, but accessing data would tell me "No network connection". Now, at least if I don't have data access, my data indicator accurately tells me so. They did tweak the accuracy of the network indicator.

The only reason I REALLY hope it is released, though, is that I fear if it isn't, ICS will be held up until we get another GB build approved.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I only hope that ICS is well tested when it does come out, and doesn't introduce a slew of new issues. I'd hate it if my previously perfect Bionic all of a sudden were to become an unreliable P.O.S. due to ICS.

In a way, I really hope it does go OTA for the RAZR first. That way, we can read their experiences and have a good idea what we're in for (good or bad).

deduct

Reaction score
iTz_I3urn said:
Hey what does the update do to help me out? Does it make me connect to 4g from a further distance?

That one gave me a good laugh. Thanks itz