How to update Droid Razr Maxx XT912 to latest android 4.1.2 jelly bean?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by Gales45, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Gales45

Gales45 New Member

Hello!
    This is my second droidforums.net post. I have read some news and I saw that Motorola released jelly bean updates for Droid razr maxx. Are there any way to manually update it? If i manually update, it will void the warranty? If it's possible, should i unlock the bootloader and root the phone?
  2. CoolAndroid

CoolAndroid New Member

You can follow this Razr maxx jelly bean update tutorial. You don't need the root permission, CWM or unlocked bootloader. But you have to be on the "6.16.211.xt912.verizon.en.us" stock firmware. As far as i know, it will not void the warranty. Here's the tutorial Manually Update DROID RAZR MAXX Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware Update [ How to XT912 ]
  3. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

Before you update please read this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...lly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends.html. It is a great tutorial written by our own guru FoxKat. But, read carefully...not everything works and it takes you off the "OTA update path" which means when the official OTA update is released you will not be able to get it. That's not to say the the required fastboot files won't be released a few days later which will get you back "on path".
  4. Likwid_E

Likwid_E Member

I contacted Motorola via their Facebook and asked if updating to this leaked version of Jelly Bean would ruin our chances for the final release and/or cause any future problems. They gave me a stupid run-around-cliche answer which completely avoided my question. Although, they "assured" me every Droid/Maxx user will be updated to the newest version of Jelly Bean by Q1 of 2013.
  5. Gales45

Gales45 New Member

Than your all of friends your replies. I have updated my phone several days ago, but I can't update the forum (I'm no a private vacation). Looks like still there's no big issue with the jelly bean firmware. :D
  6. kprice8

kprice8 New Member

Okay, so I am now updating to Jelly Bean via the links provided above.. IF what I read is true, and there will not be an OTA update to the latest version once it is released, will I be able to get it here, and update it myself?
  7. Domo01SS

Domo01SS New Member

Is this update ONLY for the Maxx? Would hate to do something to my OG Razr.
  8. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

Works on the OG Razr as well. Both phones are the same with the exception of the battery. (unless you are on a GSM Razr outside the US)

David
  9. curtisbrannan1

curtisbrannan1 New Member

I have tried downloading that, and for some reason, my Wi-Fi wants to stop working after a few seconds now. I don't get it.
  10. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

There should be an update to this leaked version of jb as people do have it on their phone even if it were an accident. One way or another someone on this forum will help bring it all back to the right path..or a new thread will be started showing you how to update..This I am very confident will happen:).
  11. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

Try rebooting your router.

Some people have been having similar problems with older routers.

If the problem persists, go into system settings on your phone and tap on WiFi. Tap on the settings button again and choose "advanced". In the advanced screen uncheck "avoid poor connections".

That should help.

David
  12. bws2007

bws2007 New Member

Update To New Office ICS from leacked back in Dec

I had got the leak back in December and if u were one of those people if u haven't noticed by now it can be updated to the new official release of ICS 4.1.2 witch is build number 98.72.16.XT91.Verizon.en.US. Have notice some lack in RAM right now but could because of junk left over from d leaked version of ICS and junk left over from JB. I have not done a master reset to the phone to see if that would clear up any left overs of those 2 other systems it would b a good idea to do a master reset and clear and other junk out of your internal storage especially going to a new version of the OS not just a update. I will b doing a master reset and clear my internal storage tonight will report any differences in system performance.
  13. ronn30

ronn30 New Member

When you did the update, was it by way of OTA? Did you use Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper to temp unroot and backup root, then restore after the JB update? Any info would be great. Thanks.
Search tags for this page
actualizar motorola xt912 a jelly bean

droid razr maxx xt912

droid razr xt912
how to manually update droid razr maxx
how to upgrade xt912

latest android version for droid razr maxx

manual update razr maxx

razr xt912 jelly bean update

xt912 jellybean
xt912 ota
xt912 software update