How to update Droid Razr Maxx XT912 to latest android 4.1.2 jelly bean?

Gales45

Reaction score
Hello!
This is my second droidforums.net post. I have read some news and I saw that Motorola released jelly bean updates for Droid razr maxx. Are there any way to manually update it? If i manually update, it will void the warranty? If it's possible, should i unlock the bootloader and root the phone?

CoolAndroid

Reaction score
Hello!
This is my second droidforums.net post. I have read some news and I saw that Motorola released jelly bean updates for Droid razr maxx. Are there any way to manually update it? If i manually update, it will void the warranty? If it's possible, should i unlock the bootloader and root the phone?

You can follow this Razr maxx jelly bean update tutorial. You don't need the root permission, CWM or unlocked bootloader. But you have to be on the "6.16.211.xt912.verizon.en.us" stock firmware. As far as i know, it will not void the warranty. Here's the tutorial Manually Update DROID RAZR MAXX Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware Update [ How to XT912 ]

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hello!
Before you update please read this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...lly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends.html. It is a great tutorial written by our own guru FoxKat. But, read carefully...not everything works and it takes you off the "OTA update path" which means when the official OTA update is released you will not be able to get it. That's not to say the the required fastboot files won't be released a few days later which will get you back "on path".

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Before you update please read this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/233657-foxkats-215-214-jelly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends.html. It is a great tutorial written by our own guru FoxKat. But, read carefully...not everything works and it takes you off the "OTA update path" which means when the official OTA update is released you will not be able to get it. That's not to say the the required fastboot files won't be released a few days later which will get you back "on path".

I contacted Motorola via their Facebook and asked if updating to this leaked version of Jelly Bean would ruin our chances for the final release and/or cause any future problems. They gave me a stupid run-around-cliche answer which completely avoided my question. Although, they "assured" me every Droid/Maxx user will be updated to the newest version of Jelly Bean by Q1 of 2013.

OP
G

Gales45

Reaction score
Than your all of friends your replies. I have updated my phone several days ago, but I can't update the forum (I'm no a private vacation). Looks like still there's no big issue with the jelly bean firmware. :D

kprice8

Reaction score
Okay, so I am now updating to Jelly Bean via the links provided above.. IF what I read is true, and there will not be an OTA update to the latest version once it is released, will I be able to get it here, and update it myself?

Domo01SS

Reaction score
Is this update ONLY for the Maxx? Would hate to do something to my OG Razr.

curtisbrannan1

Reaction score
I have tried downloading that, and for some reason, my Wi-Fi wants to stop working after a few seconds now. I don't get it.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Okay, so I am now updating to Jelly Bean via the links provided above.. IF what I read is true, and there will not be an OTA update to the latest version once it is released, will I be able to get it here, and update it myself?

There should be an update to this leaked version of jb as people do have it on their phone even if it were an accident. One way or another someone on this forum will help bring it all back to the right path..or a new thread will be started showing you how to update..This I am very confident will happen:).

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I have tried downloading that, and for some reason, my Wi-Fi wants to stop working after a few seconds now. I don't get it.

Try rebooting your router.

Some people have been having similar problems with older routers.

If the problem persists, go into system settings on your phone and tap on WiFi. Tap on the settings button again and choose "advanced". In the advanced screen uncheck "avoid poor connections".

That should help.

David

bws2007

Reaction score
Update To New Office ICS from leacked back in Dec

I had got the leak back in December and if u were one of those people if u haven't noticed by now it can be updated to the new official release of ICS 4.1.2 witch is build number 98.72.16.XT91.Verizon.en.US. Have notice some lack in RAM right now but could because of junk left over from d leaked version of ICS and junk left over from JB. I have not done a master reset to the phone to see if that would clear up any left overs of those 2 other systems it would b a good idea to do a master reset and clear and other junk out of your internal storage especially going to a new version of the OS not just a update. I will b doing a master reset and clear my internal storage tonight will report any differences in system performance.

ronn30

Reaction score
I had got the leak back in December and if u were one of those people if u haven't noticed by now it can be updated to the new official release of ICS 4.1.2 witch is build number 98.72.16.XT91.Verizon.en.US. Have notice some lack in RAM right now but could because of junk left over from d leaked version of ICS and junk left over from JB. I have not done a master reset to the phone to see if that would clear up any left overs of those 2 other systems it would b a good idea to do a master reset and clear and other junk out of your internal storage especially going to a new version of the OS not just a update. I will b doing a master reset and clear my internal storage tonight will report any differences in system performance.

When you did the update, was it by way of OTA? Did you use Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper to temp unroot and backup root, then restore after the JB update? Any info would be great. Thanks.