How to Unroot 2.1?

Discussion in 'Android Custom & Themes' started by brandegy, May 25, 2010.

1. smguy

smguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the double post, but I have attached a screenshot.

2. tu3218

tu3218 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't done much with this but the video I watched at droid life, when you click the file, a bunch of information is suppose to pop up in the file properties. I'm guessing thats why the start box is still grey.

3. ClaudioKilgannon

Ratings:
    +0
    If you are on Windows 7 and NOT running as an administrator, it will stay grey. You MUST run as administrator or it won't work. Note I'm not yelling, just stressing the important bits ;)

4. smguy

smguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I get that, but my problem is that when I run it as an administrator, it doesn't recognize my phone at all. Like, no devices come up. And the file properties still stays blank.

5. ClaudioKilgannon

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, did you download RSD first or the tools from Motorola first? If you installed the tools first you'll have to uninstall everything, even delete it to be safe, then download and install RSD first then the tools. I think. I had the same problems you did when I went back to stock, but that was a while ago and I am no longer stock.

6. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Ratings:
    +0
    To me, it looks like your file extension is wrong for the sbf. Does it say .sbf at the very end of the sbf file? Try moving the sbf to a different location on your computer. Make sure it is not still zipped. Try a different sbf. Do those things and report back.

7. smguy

smguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, so I uninstalled everything and deleted it, then re-downloaded and installed first the RSD then the driver. Now when I run as administrator, the phone comes up. However, no such luck with the sbf. Yes, it does say .sbf at the end. I also tried moving it to a different location (root of C: drive instead of desktop) and re-downloaded it from the link earlier in the thread, but nothing still. I don't know what you mean by making sure it's not still zipped, it was never zipped in the first place.

8. dgpwner

dgpwner New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    One thing that might or might not work is to disable Windows UAC and that can be found in the Windows Action Center or in msconfig. After I did this I didn't have to run as admin and had no problems flashing my phone.

9. eliassami5

eliassami5 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    cant u just download ROM manager from the market and download the 2.0.1 stock unrooted image?

10. nateccnn

nateccnn Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Turn your user account contol (UAC) off. Un install everything. Log in as administrator and re-install everything.

The problem you are having is that you don't have admin rights to the file you are trying to use in RSDLite. UAC gets in the way of allowing those rights. It is supposed to prompt you for user rights when it needs them but some programs just don't get the prompt or the prompt comes up behind another window and you never see it. ONe of the most frustrating things I found about Vista and it apperantly did not get fixed in 7. So I just turn the darned thing off as soon as I pull a new computer out of the box.

Nate

11. smguy

smguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, I just tried it on my friend's computer and the file was recognized and I could press start. But, it didn't go through. Before I hit start, under status it said "Platform is not defined for CDMA_TYPE-MSM6800_CHIPSET." Then after I run it, it says "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process [yes, it did say that twice]. Unable to retrieve initialization values from INI file (0x7029); phone connected." And under result it said "FAIL". Any ideas?

Search tags for this page
android 2.1 driver download
download se flash omap3430 mi
s flash omap3430

se flash omap3430 mi

se lash omap3430 mi

unroot android 2.1

unroot android 2.1 phone