1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

How to Unroot 2.1?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by brandegy, May 25, 2010.

1. brandegy

brandegy New Member

Does anyone know how to go back to a non rooted 2.1?
  2. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    This will downgrade your phone to 2.0.1, you'll be prompted to accept the 2.1 software update once you complete the process and are back on an unrooted 2.0.1 rom. This will delete ALL of your information. All your google stuff will resync, but to be safe I would back up all your apps using something like astro file manager.

Download these files
    A. VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf (.sbf file)

Alt download link HERE

B. RSDLite4.6.msi (RSDLite 4.6)
    C.
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service ... _4.2.0.zip (32-bit Motorola USB Drivers)
    or
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service ... _4.2.0.zip (64-bit Motorola USB Drivers)

Instructions:
    1. Download all of the necessary files from above
    2. Install RSDLite 4.6 and the appropriate Motorola USB drivers
    3. Connect your phone to the usb port and turn it off. Power the phone back on while holding UP on the DPAD (directional pad).
    4. Run RSD Lite 4.6 -- (You may need to run as administrator if you're using Windows Vista or 7)
    5. Click the ... next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the .sbf file and double click the .sbf file.
    6. Hit start and below it should give you completion progress and all of that.
    7. Once your phone is done being flashed (It may take a while so don't unplug it) it will reboot and you will be back at stock 2.0.1 no root. (As long as the phone boots up you can close the program. It will give you an error message saying you could damage your phone, but as long as it‘s booted you‘re good to go.)
    8. Done

Let me know if the links are down, I'll post new ones.
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

4. smguy

smguy New Member

Hi, I also want to get my droid back to factory setting. I tried that tutorial, and everything installed right, but RSDLite can't find my device and thus I can't flash it. Any ideas on how to fix that?

EDIT: When I run it NOT as administrator, it detects a device, but has N/A for the MEID, Technology, Software Version, and DRM Version sections.
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
  5. ClaudioKilgannon

ClaudioKilgannon New Member

Are you using Windows 7? I had that same problem at first too.
  6. smguy

smguy New Member

Yes, I'm using 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium. I also made sure to install the newest 64-bit driver (4.6) as opposed to the old 4.2 linked above. I did try it with the 4.2 first though.
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
  7. metiCkOne

It's normal fo it to say N/A for MEID, Technology, Software version etc. As long as the first line of the 14 has your device there, then you're good to go.
  8. smguy

smguy New Member

Yeah, it's there, but the start button is still greyed out. Also, the Model line says "SE Flash OMAP3430 MI", I don't know if that matters or not.
  9. metiCkOne

yeah that's your phone. Did you find the sbf. file using in browse button? It is a small rectangular box with three dots like this ... , that's how you browse to find the sbf
  10. smguy

smguy New Member

Yep, selected the sbf file and everything. Start is still grey.
  11. metiCkOne

You have a screen shot?
  12. smguy

smguy New Member

I'm away from my computer now, posting this on my phone. I'll take one when I get home tomorrow.
  13. smguy

smguy New Member

Sorry for the double post, but I have attached a screenshot.
  14. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

I haven't done much with this but the video I watched at droid life, when you click the file, a bunch of information is suppose to pop up in the file properties. I'm guessing thats why the start box is still grey.
  15. ClaudioKilgannon

If you are on Windows 7 and NOT running as an administrator, it will stay grey. You MUST run as administrator or it won't work. Note I'm not yelling, just stressing the important bits ;)
  16. smguy

smguy New Member

I get that, but my problem is that when I run it as an administrator, it doesn't recognize my phone at all. Like, no devices come up. And the file properties still stays blank.
  17. ClaudioKilgannon

Ah, did you download RSD first or the tools from Motorola first? If you installed the tools first you'll have to uninstall everything, even delete it to be safe, then download and install RSD first then the tools. I think. I had the same problems you did when I went back to stock, but that was a while ago and I am no longer stock.
  18. metiCkOne

To me, it looks like your file extension is wrong for the sbf. Does it say .sbf at the very end of the sbf file? Try moving the sbf to a different location on your computer. Make sure it is not still zipped. Try a different sbf. Do those things and report back.
  19. smguy

smguy New Member

Okay, so I uninstalled everything and deleted it, then re-downloaded and installed first the RSD then the driver. Now when I run as administrator, the phone comes up. However, no such luck with the sbf. Yes, it does say .sbf at the end. I also tried moving it to a different location (root of C: drive instead of desktop) and re-downloaded it from the link earlier in the thread, but nothing still. I don't know what you mean by making sure it's not still zipped, it was never zipped in the first place.
  20. dgpwner

dgpwner New Member

One thing that might or might not work is to disable Windows UAC and that can be found in the Windows Action Center or in msconfig. After I did this I didn't have to run as admin and had no problems flashing my phone.
Search tags for this page
android 2.1 driver download
download se flash omap3430 mi
s flash omap3430

se flash omap3430 mi

se lash omap3430 mi

unroot android 2.1

unroot android 2.1 phone