Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by brandegy, May 25, 2010.
Does anyone know how to go back to a non rooted 2.1?
This will downgrade your phone to 2.0.1, you'll be prompted to accept the 2.1 software update once you complete the process and are back on an unrooted 2.0.1 rom. This will delete ALL of your information. All your google stuff will resync, but to be safe I would back up all your apps using something like astro file manager.
Download these files
A. VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf (.sbf file)
Alt download link HERE
B. RSDLite4.6.msi (RSDLite 4.6)
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service ... _4.2.0.zip (32-bit Motorola USB Drivers)
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service ... _4.2.0.zip (64-bit Motorola USB Drivers)
1. Download all of the necessary files from above
2. Install RSDLite 4.6 and the appropriate Motorola USB drivers
3. Connect your phone to the usb port and turn it off. Power the phone back on while holding UP on the DPAD (directional pad).
4. Run RSD Lite 4.6 -- (You may need to run as administrator if you're using Windows Vista or 7)
5. Click the ... next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the .sbf file and double click the .sbf file.
6. Hit start and below it should give you completion progress and all of that.
7. Once your phone is done being flashed (It may take a while so don't unplug it) it will reboot and you will be back at stock 2.0.1 no root. (As long as the phone boots up you can close the program. It will give you an error message saying you could damage your phone, but as long as it‘s booted you‘re good to go.)
Let me know if the links are down, I'll post new ones.
Here is a link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html to a thread a member of the rescue squad developed.
Hi, I also want to get my droid back to factory setting. I tried that tutorial, and everything installed right, but RSDLite can't find my device and thus I can't flash it. Any ideas on how to fix that?
EDIT: When I run it NOT as administrator, it detects a device, but has N/A for the MEID, Technology, Software Version, and DRM Version sections.
Are you using Windows 7? I had that same problem at first too.
Yes, I'm using 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium. I also made sure to install the newest 64-bit driver (4.6) as opposed to the old 4.2 linked above. I did try it with the 4.2 first though.
It's normal fo it to say N/A for MEID, Technology, Software version etc. As long as the first line of the 14 has your device there, then you're good to go.
Yeah, it's there, but the start button is still greyed out. Also, the Model line says "SE Flash OMAP3430 MI", I don't know if that matters or not.
yeah that's your phone. Did you find the sbf. file using in browse button? It is a small rectangular box with three dots like this ... , that's how you browse to find the sbf
Yep, selected the sbf file and everything. Start is still grey.
You have a screen shot?
I'm away from my computer now, posting this on my phone. I'll take one when I get home tomorrow.