[HOW TO] Unlock Rezound's Bootloader [HTCdev.com]

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks, that is what I did, I got it unlocked finally but now after several more hours of reading and trying different things, I can't get amon ra to install.

are you in fastboot mode and do you have the recovery file in the same directory as fastboot and are you running "fastboot flash recovery [nameoffile.img]"?

athack

Reaction score
tryint to unlock htc rezound folowed instructions have all the right drivers and s
tuff wont let me unlock any help this is the error message:We're sorry, but it appears your attempt to unlock the bootloader on this device has failed. This could be caused by several factors including simple errors in the entry of the unlock token, problems with your device, or a lack of manufacturer support for the unlocking process. Please see the specific error code listed below, andtry again if necessary.
Error Code: Invalid Bootloader Token Length.
Error Reason: The submitted Token appears to be the wrong length and won\'t work.

Rosas

Reaction score
Ok I followed the steps perfectly and unlocked my phone but have lost my signal and 3g/4g connection. I can't use the internet to download Amon-recovery to my phone for full root. What did i do wrong?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok I followed the steps perfectly and unlocked my phone but have lost my signal and 3g/4g connection. I can't use the internet to download Amon-recovery to my phone for full root. What did i do wrong?
Put the battery cover back on. The antenna's are in the cover.

Drezzy

Reaction score
Am Sort of a noob, but i would like to purchase this phone soon and am curious..will i need to unlock the phone to use another sim card thats not from verizon, or from a carrier in the united states

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Am Sort of a noob, but i would like to purchase this phone soon and am curious..will i need to unlock the phone to use another sim card thats not from verizon, or from a carrier in the united states

While I'm sure you can bring the Rezound over to another CDMA carrier. You can't use this as if it were a GSM phone(although it does have GSM hardware). The unlocking process here is for unlocking the bootloader, not unlocking in the sense that you can bring the phone to another carrier. The only SIM card in the phone is the 4G LTE sim.

Drezzy

Reaction score
While I'm sure you can bring the Rezound over to another CDMA carrier. You can't use this as if it were a GSM phone(although it does have GSM hardware). The unlocking process here is for unlocking the bootloader, not unlocking in the sense that you can bring the phone to another carrier. The only SIM card in the phone is the 4G LTE sim.

OK thanks for the information , guess am gonna have to change my desire for a rezound nw

rruready

Reaction score
So can anyone tell me how to re-lock the bootloader? I'm trying to RUU the phone and it's giving me an error. I read that I have to lock the bootloader in order to do this. Thanks!

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So can anyone tell me how to re-lock the bootloader? I'm trying to RUU the phone and it's giving me an error. I read that I have to lock the bootloader in order to do this. Thanks!

when in fastboot USB mode, run the command "fastboot oem lock" this will lock the device for you.

BIGTIMEANDROID

Reaction score
Unlock-code.bin HELP!?!?!

I have a HTC Rezound & I've gotten everything but when I get to the last step to unlock the bootloader it says "error: fastboot Unlock-code.bin"

Can someone help me I've tried everything I can! I'm getting ready to go crazy! lol

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a HTC Rezound & I've gotten everything but when I get to the last step to unlock the bootloader it says "error: fastboot Unlock-code.bin"

Can someone help me I've tried everything I can! I'm getting ready to go crazy! lol

What command are you typing? It should be "fastboot flash unlocktoken unlock_token.bin" where unlock_token.bin is the path and name of your unlock_token.bin

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

make sure you are using an underscore "_" and not a hyphen "-" that will make all the difference.

BIGTIMEANDROID

Reaction score
I was using what yall said but its ok thank you I messed up my rezound & had to get a New one I'll just wait til a more easy & stable rooting method comes out

maxearing

Reaction score
when i tried to do this it stayed at "waiting for device" on the CMD window. what did i do wrong?