[HOW TO] Unlock Rezound's Bootloader [HTCdev.com]

Ja5on L

Reaction score
I went through the entire process step by step, and when I reboot and go back to the screen that is listed above, mine still says "Locked" I just got this phone today. This isn't my first time doing this but the only time I have went back and looked and bam, still locked.

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went through the entire process step by step, and when I reboot and go back to the screen that is listed above, mine still says "Locked" I just got this phone today. This isn't my first time doing this but the only time I have went back and looked and bam, still locked.

If you went through this step by step and followed along with the HTC Dev site as well you should be unlocked.

Did you get your unlocked token file emailed to you? And are using the proper command in fastboot (with phone in fastboot mode as well, not bootloader)?

Ja5on L

Reaction score
If you went through this step by step and followed along with the HTC Dev site as well you should be unlocked.

Did you get your unlocked token file emailed to you? And are using the proper command in fastboot (with phone in fastboot mode as well, not bootloader)?

Yep got all that, followed the step by step, it took me to the screen where I have to agree to the terms and this voids my warranty etc, had to choose yes and hit power, the phone rebooted. So I was like cool I will go ahead and try and root, it didn't do anything I noticed SU was no where to be found on the phones program list's so I was like well that is strange so I loaded TI backup since I have purchased it before, The root auth fails. So I jumped back to the beginning and rebooted went into fast boot and where the guy above says "unlocked" mine says Locked still.

Not really sure if I missed something or what happened but step by step my phone looked like the pics and directions in the post.

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you did in fact get into the screen on the phone that lets you make the choice to unlock or not? And you are sure you selected the "Unlock" option and used the power button to select it? If you got this far... you should be unlocked... can't think of any reason why you would not be...

Also, I noticed under your avatar that you say you have a Bionic, this process is for the HTC Rezound only.

Ja5on L

Reaction score
Yeah, Verizon gave me a Rezound after about 6 Bionics in 8 weeks long story. I'm sure I choose unlock with the volume key then pressed power. Say's it's a no go, done it 3 times now.

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Updated the first three posts, added Mac OS X instructions in the second post for Mac users! Third post contains links to post unlock resources.

inakushcloud

Reaction score
everytime i try to enter the command prompt ut it just says waiting for the device and when i click on fastboot on the device it doesnt do anything

Insidious

Reaction score
Going to be doing this sooner rather than later. If I screw up is there any sort of stock recovery image I can push?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

thurst0n

Reaction score
Just felt I should post this. When I do this. I lose all service until I went on verizons site and enter my phones ID thing listed under the battery. After doing that service comes back.. maybe that's what a full factory reset is (but I thought a normal reset will still retain activation/service) i'm pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong during the process as i had no bumps in the road, but wanted to share this with people incase anyone starts freaking out. Not only did I have to reinstall all apps and resetup my google account etc. I also had to reactivate service..

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just felt I should post this. When I do this. I lose all service until I went on verizons site and enter my phones ID thing listed under the battery. After doing that service comes back.. maybe that's what a full factory reset is (but I thought a normal reset will still retain activation/service) i'm pretty sure I didn't do anything wrong during the process as i had no bumps in the road, but wanted to share this with people incase anyone starts freaking out. Not only did I have to reinstall all apps and resetup my google account etc. I also had to reactivate service..

You can do everything short of switching phone hardware(or LTE Sim) and you should still be active on the network.

McClellan

Reaction score
I just ordered my rezound trying to get all the stuff set up for root it will be here in a few days. My questions may seem kinda dumb, but to be completely safe I am gonna ask anyway first I installed the zip version for windows everything seemed to install fine though I do not have the java jdk installed, I know I dont have it installed because I originally started installing the .exe version and aborted after it asked. so my question is do I need to install it and redo the sdk process ?
My other question is when removing the battery do you put it back in or do you run it off the USB without the battery or is that even possible ?
I have successfully rooted my last phone an incredible so I am familiar somewhat I am just really paranoid and want to make sure I have everything correct

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just ordered my rezound trying to get all the stuff set up for root it will be here in a few days. My questions may seem kinda dumb, but to be completely safe I am gonna ask anyway first I installed the zip version for windows everything seemed to install fine though I do not have the java jdk installed, I know I dont have it installed because I originally started installing the .exe version and aborted after it asked. so my question is do I need to install it and redo the sdk process ?
My other question is when removing the battery do you put it back in or do you run it off the USB without the battery or is that even possible ?
I have successfully rooted my last phone an incredible so I am familiar somewhat I am just really paranoid and want to make sure I have everything correct

I don't believe I had JRE installed when I unlocked. I don't know but I swear it's not necessary. If you drop by XDA, you'll find the tools you need for unlocking in the developer thread. I've dropped them around here somewhere as well. On the battery thing, as long as you disable fastboot you can do the same process by simply turning your phone off rather than doing a battery pull. So if you choose to pull the battery, you can put the battery/cover back on.

McClellan

Reaction score
Can you unlock the bootloader without activating the service on the phone ???

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can you unlock the bootloader without activating the service on the phone ???

I don't see why not, you don't need a data connection to unlock the phone.