[HOW TO] Unlock Rezound's Bootloader [HTCdev.com]

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes there are 18 when I count the beginning and ending identifier token text. So that is what is confusing, seems like I am getting the proper code so not sure why the error. Running Cleantool and being temp rooted shouldn't change anything should it ? Otherwise nothing different with my phone.

No, this code is embedded deep within and no way you could have done anything to touch it.

I guess look at it line for line and make sure its all there, also make sure you have nothing else but the beginning line and the code and the ending line (no other words should be present such as "bootloader" or "info" or anything like that).

mjh68

Reaction score
No, this code is embedded deep within and no way you could have done anything to touch it.

I guess look at it line for line and make sure its all there, also make sure you have nothing else but the beginning line and the code and the ending line (no other words should be present such as "bootloader" or "info" or anything like that).

No, I am not including bootloader and I don't get info in my output , I will try it again and look again . Thanks for answering .. now the disclaimer about phones after sept 2011 not being unlockable doesn't matter correct ? I just bought my phone 2 weeks ago. Trying again.

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, I am not including bootloader and I don't get info in my output , I will try it again and look again . Thanks for answering .. now the disclaimer about phones after sept 2011 not being unlockable doesn't matter correct ? I just bought my phone 2 weeks ago. Trying again.

Should not matter when you bought it, hopefully. But all Rezounds should be able to be unlocked. If you can, post a screen shot of what comes up in your command prompt window and then what you are copying and pasting into HTC's website. Wanna take a look at what's up.

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are the 2 screens, hope this helps . Appreciate the help once again.

Odd... try using a different browser? Use the link from the email and use say Chrome or IE. See if you get the same result. All looks good though...

mjh68

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help.. still didn't work. I tried chrome, IE without any difference. I have made sure I included all 18 lines and pasted directly into the form each time. Still get the same error , token length invalid bla bla .. well I am done messing with it tonight either I will throw my phone threw the wall or the computer so time to take a break :) If any other suggestions let me know I will check back in the a.m.

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help.. still didn't work. I tried chrome, IE without any difference. I have made sure I included all 18 lines and pasted directly into the form each time. Still get the same error , token length invalid bla bla .. well I am done messing with it tonight either I will throw my phone threw the wall or the computer so time to take a break :) If any other suggestions let me know I will check back in the a.m.

Strange. Very strange. Under About Phone, what are all your system versions/kernel/etc stuff like that.

The only other thing I can think of is reboot the phone and computer and try again lol, when in doubt, reboot.... who knows, maybe it'll work.

jessemhess

Reaction score
Yeah!! :D I have to work tomorrow, so I will do this 1st thing Friday.. Can't wait to see what this thing can really do. Unlocked boot loader, is this the same as "Full Root"? If not what is the dif..

mjh68

Reaction score
My software info.. Android 2.3.4 kernel version is 2.6.35.13-g20c5d1d htc-kernel@u18000-build-144#1
baseband 0.95.00.1017_2r,0.95.00.1013r
build number 1.02.605.6 CL183296 release-keys

I will try again tomorrow.. just need a break, very frustrating since it seems so easy.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Installing the the right java was confusing for myself, are you sure you have the right one installed (Java JDK) along with all the other downloaded files that are required? Please take no offense:) just the trouble shooter in me.

mjh68

Reaction score
No offense taken, I installed the latest java developer kit off the oracle website, updated SDK. I just tried it on my laptop and got the same error invalid token length . I am really not sure what is up very frustrating. I have been trying since 5pm.. its now 11pm , I used two separate computers reread and redownloaded everything. Everything goes as it should up until submitting the token. I have looked at the example and my output is exactly the same, well different code :) . Really have hit a wall on this one, almost ready to go get a damn nexus ....:D

Alphaman

Reaction score
Wow, this is great news! This was the biggest hurdle to getting full permanent root, right?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Congrats Rezound owners. Welcome to the unlocked world.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah!! :D I have to work tomorrow, so I will do this 1st thing Friday.. Can't wait to see what this thing can really do. Unlocked boot loader, is this the same as "Full Root"? If not what is the dif..

Unlocked allows for a full permanent root. Once you unlock, you must run the root process.

Wow, this is great news! This was the biggest hurdle to getting full permanent root, right?

Yup! Now Rezound owners can get their full root on!

Congrats Rezound owners. Welcome to the unlocked world.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Gonna be awesome to say the least, this is my first unlocked phone, can't wait to see what it has to offer!

@mjh68, give me some time today, will have to take a look at what you got and what's going on and see what I can come up with. Hang tight buddy.