[How To] Unlock Bootloader & Root Galaxy Nexus

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
k i just did, now its in the google screen. its been like that for like 3 min now. that normal?

Not normal but it happens. If you haven't yet pull the battery and boot up to see if you have SU app. If you do update it even though it says you have the current version and do a reboot.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, are you having trouble?

No..just had it force close everything before when updating binary on tbolt. Wanted to see if others had done it before I try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Until Koush releases the permanent CWM for LTE G-Nexes I can verify that the one over at xda works but after a reboot it writes the stock recovery over CWM, when pushing it don't reboot just flash and go into recovery. Koush said via Twitter he would have a permanent LTE CWM out later tonight.

1quickv6

Reaction score
Umm.. well... that sure was easy. Thanks OP! I REALLY like this phone. If you can really call it that with all it's capable of.

doublea500

Reaction score
Not normal but it happens. If you haven't yet pull the battery and boot up to see if you have SU app. If you do update it even though it says you have the current version and do a reboot.

:D ty, i did that, i read someone did that earlier so i did it. it worked ;D (Rare smiley from me)

Galaxy nexus!!!

Front Camera! QUICK! Great Music Jack!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Until Koush releases the permanent CWM for LTE G-Nexes I can verify that the one over at xda works but after a reboot it writes the stock recovery over CWM, when pushing it don't reboot just flash and go into recovery. Koush said via Twitter he would have a permanent LTE CWM out later tonight.

Easy fix my friend. In root explorer, you need to delete /system/recovery-from-boot.p. then you can enter it from off mode.

Anyways, flashed my first rom. However, it took away my 4.0.2 update and won't let me update it to that again, comes up an error.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've unlocked the bootloader. How come I still don't have the root access?

su binary was not found on your phone. This application will not work without root access? (Got this from busy box installer)

Last edited:

wickedkae

Reaction score
Works perfect. Make sure u have the Samsung_USB_Driver_for_Moblie_Phones_v1_4_6_0 drivers installed though. that's probably everyone's problem

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Putting the "root" folder into C:\ ..so put it in the "temp" folder under C:? Just making sure! Thanks

Man, the X and the DB both had one click root, kinda miss that :D

craigboy

Reaction score
I have a question. In step 2: Extract the contents of Superboot and rename the folder "root." Place this folder into C:\ (you may be asked for admin privileges).

Should we place this folder on our computer or our phone?

Sorry if this seems like a really dumb question.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have a question. In step 2: Extract the contents of Superboot and rename the folder "root." Place this folder into C:\ (you may be asked for admin privileges).

On your PC.

sent from unlocked gnex

natezire71

Reaction score
Connect the phone in bootloader mode. Then go to the device manager and you will see and Android 1.0 device. Right click and then click update driver. The select to choose from a list...

1.jpg

Once you get to the list of drivers there is an option to select from a list of manufacturers with drivers installed on your comp. Choose the one that says Samsung phone. Then you should get the option to select the adb driver.

2.jpg

You da man. :D Thank you!

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!

Well, considering that c:\ is your HD on your PC. I assume that would be PC. And considering the fact that the nexus does not have a disk drive called C.
I assume you place it in the computer...

Anyone who's done it confirm that? ;)

This wants to be sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus