[How To] Unlock Bootloader & Root Galaxy Nexus

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score

When I double click on the install-superboot-windows. bat file in the c:/root/ folder, I get the blue bar message at the bottom of the fastboot screen : FASTBOOT STATUS - download:00467800" and that is all the happens. No Google screen, no other change. I am unlocked according to the "LOCK STATE: line on the Fastboot screen. Thoughts?

Have you done a reboot yet? If not try that and see if you get the same message.

Also you should see an unlocked icon at the bottom of the Google screen if your bootloaders unlocked.

Last edited:

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Yup, rebooted a few times. Removed battery, etc. Still the same. I'm unlocked, but installing superboot does not seem to work.

Ok, may be a corrupt file then. Try downloading the superboot files again and drop the newly downloaded install-superboot-windows.bat into the root folder on your C:/.

SpectrumTom

Reaction score
Ok, may be a corrupt file then. Try downloading the superboot files again and drop the newly downloaded install-superboot-windows.bat into the root folder on your C:/.

Must have been corrupted as you suggested. Downloaded the files again into c:/root, ran the batch file in fastboot and BAM! Now I'm waiting the dreaded five minutes. We'll see. You guys are the best! Thanks for being so responsive. I'll report.

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Must have been corrupted as you suggested. Downloaded the files again into c:/root, ran the batch file in fastboot and BAM! Now I'm waiting the dreaded five minutes. We'll see. You guys are the best! Thanks for being so responsive. I'll report.

It was a long five minutes for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

SpectrumTom

Reaction score
That finally did the trick. I did neet to pull the battery since the Google screen did lock. Once I rebooted, I had root, updated superuser, installed busybox, addfree, etc. Good to go. YOU FOLKS ARE THE BEST!! Thank you!

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Any luck?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Grady

Reaction score
Mine keeps getting stuck on <waiting for device>. I can see the Android 1.0 in my device manager. I've installed the Samsung drivers and the PDAnet drivers. I've followed the directions to the letter so far, but my cmd prompt keeps getting stuck on the <waiting for device>

Any suggestions?

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine keeps getting stuck on <waiting for device>. I can see the Android 1.0 in my device manager. I've installed the Samsung drivers and the PDAnet drivers. I've followed the directions to the letter so far, but my cmd prompt keeps getting stuck on the <waiting for device>

Any suggestions?

Reboot your computer. Battery pull your phone. Try again.

OP
sbenson

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Something else to try. Boot into recovery (three finger salute) without connecting usb. Once in the bootloader, then connect usb, and try again.

sxm

Reaction score
holy crap batman, it is about 10 minutes now installing the Samsung driver and it is still not done yet.

Normal?

edit: Finally finished. Took like 20 minutes

Last edited:

hollowbox

Reaction score
Anybody working on a one click app like easy root for us lazy people. I liked clicking a button on my phone on og droid and having the deed done for me.

Diab210

Reaction score
just finished myself... that was pretty easy. Thanks a lot for the great tutorial!