How to unistal/stop unecassary ICS bloatware?

cjj2d

Reaction score
Looking for some help to speed up my bionic with ICS. Seems like it is being bogged down, and I have very little on my sd card and internal storage.

Whats the best way to go about getting rid of all the crap they have loaded, and what is safe to get rid of?

jhom

Reaction score
Looking for some help to speed up my bionic with ICS. Seems like it is being bogged down, and I have very little on my sd card and internal storage.

Whats the best way to go about getting rid of all the crap they have loaded, and what is safe to get rid of?

You can disable the bloat. Use this method:

Goto Settings>Apps>All>choose the bloat>disable. For some of the bloat, you will first need to choose stop updates and then disable. Enjoy.

OP
C

cjj2d

Reaction score
You can disable the bloat. Use this method:

Goto Settings>Apps>All>choose the bloat>disable. For some of the bloat, you will first need to choose stop updates and then disable. Enjoy.

yeah, i typed before I thought.... did that last night. thanks though!

still seems a little sluggish.

DoctorV

Reaction score
Great topic! This is actually what I was just wondering how to do :)

Now I have a related followup question. Back when I had GB I was rooted and used to freeze apps with Titanium Back Up but I was told there were a few apps that I shouldn't freeze because it was cause trouble with my phone. Is this still the case with ICS or can I disable any app I want without consequence?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you phone is being bogged down, chances are there could be something else, have you rebooted the phone? booted into stock recovery and cleared cache?

OP
C

cjj2d

Reaction score
if you phone is being bogged down, chances are there could be something else, have you rebooted the phone? booted into stock recovery and cleared cache?

trying that now

OP
C

cjj2d

Reaction score
if worse comes to worse and still can't get it working the way it should, a good 'ol factory reset may do the trick...

will that lose root? would voodoo keep it through a factory reset?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
will that lose root? would voodoo keep it through a factory reset?

factory reset does not affect the /system/ which is where root lives, it only wipes the data and apps off your phone. You will not loose root.

whiddles

Reaction score
Not a fan of the ics so far. Its like I had gotten a new phone.