How to uninstall usa today/genie app

SDiegoPaul

Reaction score
I downloaded the USA Today app and I can't uninstall it. Neither the droid app manager nor AppRemover identify the app (genie something) so that I can uninstall it. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks

SDiegoPaul

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you may be getting the new Genie News and Weather widget mixed up with your USA today app. The new Genie News and Weather came as an update with the 2.1 over the air update. That would also explain why you cannot seem to find where to uninstall the app. You can only uninstall apps that are in your data partition. Those apps show up in your Settings > Applications > Manage Applications list. Apps such as YouTube, Browser, Contacts, Phone, Genie News and Weather, etc. are located in your system partition and cannot be easily uninstalled without further rooting your device and gaining superuser access

OP
S

SDiegoPaul

Reaction score
Thanks!

Great reply...fast and completely clear.

This is my new favorite website.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Great! :)
Hope you enjoy your time here with us!
There's a neverending amount of knowledge floating around this forum, so take your time and look around, and if you can't find what you need feel free to ask in the appropriate forum!

Reaction score
I think you may be getting the new Genie News and Weather widget mixed up with your USA today app. The new Genie News and Weather came as an update with the 2.1 over the air update. That would also explain why you cannot seem to find where to uninstall the app. You can only uninstall apps that are in your data partition. Those apps show up in your Settings > Applications > Manage Applications list. Apps such as YouTube, Browser, Contacts, Phone, Genie News and Weather, etc. are located in your system partition and cannot be easily uninstalled without further rooting your device and gaining superuser access

So is that the same reason I can not uninstall facebook off of my phone too?