how to uninstall the 2.2 off of droid

holik91

Reaction score
I ended up putting the file onto my phone.. well im getting a replacement and whats the process of removing it.. when i do a facotry reset i get past the activation screen doing the 4 corners and it shows the 2.2 is on the phone. what do i do? sorry if its posted somewhere already.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
if you're rooted then just unroot.

if you're not rooted, then just say you got the OTA before it got canceled. 2.2 or not, as long as you're not rooted then they should take back your phone

OP
H

holik91

Reaction score
alright well im not rooted.. so hopefully they wont say anything.. i did another factory reset to go back to the activation screen just in case so they know i dont know nothing about the 4 corners trick

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
alright well im not rooted.. so hopefully they wont say anything.. i did another factory reset to go back to the activation screen just in case so they know i dont know nothing about the 4 corners trick

you're fine then.

OP
H

holik91

Reaction score
its so if u dont wanna activiate the phone or wanna get passed the screen u can do this trick..

touch all corners of the screen.. top left...top right..bottom right..bottom left.

OdinvsLoki

Reaction score
Thanks, didn't know about the four corners trick either, and should definitely make doing a factory rest more feasible since i don't have service were I am at but still love to use my phone as my personal PC, MP3 player, digital camera, video recorder, HP48, PDA all in one.

mvanhunnik

Reaction score
How to remove Froyo 2.2.

Hey i want to remove the FROYO and download the ota now that my area can. I want to use the Wifi hotspot function that dosent work with the froyo but dose with the ota. any help thanks