How to turn the volume up so you can hear the phone say "Droid" on Power up.

JClintB

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn up the volume so that you could hear the phone say "Droid" when it is powered on. My Maxx plays it so low that you have to hold the phone up to your ear to hear it. My old Incredible played it very loud.

BaSHa

Reaction score
I think Foxcat posted the file for this a couple of weeks ago, but you needed to be rooted for it to use it.

OP
J

JClintB

Reaction score
Its a pain knowing that it's playing but you just can't hear it. Oh my phone is not rooted

jaybogg

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn up the volume so that you could hear the phone say "Droid" when it is powered on. My Maxx plays it so low that you have to hold the phone up to your ear to hear it. My old Incredible played it very loud.

Here's a link to the thread that chronicles FoxKat and MattyP's development of the the sound file that returns the Razr and Maxx to pre ICS volume level: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-themes/217089-cyan-razr-diamond-boot-animation-12.html

And YES, you have to be rooted to make the changes. Hope this helps. I was never rooted until the developed these files and then I rooted because I wanted the loud Razr and the Blue colored animation on Boot up. Works real good!

ekavan

Reaction score
That sucks that it can't be turned up without rooting!

jtc303

Reaction score
jaybogg said:
Here's a link to the thread that chronicles FoxKat and MattyP's development of the the sound file that returns the Razr and Maxx to pre ICS volume level: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-themes/217089-cyan-razr-diamond-boot-animation-12.html

And YES, you have to be rooted to make the changes. Hope this helps. I was never rooted until the developed these files and then I rooted because I wanted the loud Razr and the Blue colored animation on Boot up. Works real good!

Have you given the blue razr m boot ani a try yet? It's pretty sweet

jaybogg

Reaction score
Have you given the blue razr m boot ani a try yet? It's pretty sweet

I remember reading some of ya'lls conversation on it but been pretty busy with non phone things lately. My big thing now is I'm waiting for ByteCode's 1.4 release of Flick. I am gonna take the dive and and try his ROM. I am set up with Bootstrap, TB, Root explorer, and of course the cyan boot ani all on .215. I know I have to get bootstrap off the phone and install safestrap before proceeding, have to research if .215 is OK or if I have to revert to .211, etc...

I seem to remember you had some involvement with the cyan boot ani, are you toying with the Razr M graphics as well? When all the dust settles, I will probably take a look at it. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit Update: Clicked on the link in your signature block and probably answered my own question!! Some awesome wallpaper there! :biggrin:

Last edited: